Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 05-10-2011, 05:13 PM   #1
WilliamVitka
Word Puncher
WilliamVitka writes the songs that make the whole world sing.WilliamVitka writes the songs that make the whole world sing.WilliamVitka writes the songs that make the whole world sing.WilliamVitka writes the songs that make the whole world sing.WilliamVitka writes the songs that make the whole world sing.WilliamVitka writes the songs that make the whole world sing.WilliamVitka writes the songs that make the whole world sing.WilliamVitka writes the songs that make the whole world sing.WilliamVitka writes the songs that make the whole world sing.WilliamVitka writes the songs that make the whole world sing.WilliamVitka writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Sony eReader, Kindle
The Boneyard: A Dark Comedy Fantasy

The Boneyard is a dark comedy fantasy novelette of about 9000 words

Blurb

Sgt. Zach Miller was a proud soldier ... until an attack on the battlefield yanked him from the front lines and out of active duty. Eager to stay in the service, he takes reassignment as a guard at the Davis-Monthan Air Force Base. What Miller never could have expected, however, is that the gremlins seen by pilots for decades have also decided to call The Boneyard home.

Amazon
Smashwords

Review:

***** A Funny, Poignant Tale

By Rebecca Knight

William Vitka is a delightful surprise. This novella had me gripped from page one--I couldn't put this down until the last sentence!

His characters are funny and irreverant, but you love them almost instantly. This is a story about a washed up soldier guarding a military junkyard who realizes gremlins are real. I'm not going to include spoilers, but this was a wonderful read with a punchy ending.

The writing style reminds me a lot of John Scalzi. If you enjoyed the sometimes crass humor of Old Man's War, you'll love this story as much as I did.
WilliamVitka is offline   Reply With Quote