Device: Sony T2
PRS-T3 Available For Order In Canada

Placed my order - waiting expectantly

p
palo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 07:50 PM   #2
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Cool! Thanks for posting. It says integrated snap cover. Does that mean it doesn't come off?? :O That I would not like!
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2013, 08:17 PM   #3
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
It does snap off, but it exposes the bare back of the reader then, which you wouldn't want. You need to either keep that cover on or the extra lighted cover you can buy.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:43 PM   #4
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I ask because I already have covers I like and would use. If it was something that didn't come off, I might not have been able to use them. I like to change up the covers once in a while. I'm really torn though. I have 2 T1's and like the look of this but then there's the new Kindle. arrgh!! lol

My Sony's are 2 years old whereas the Kindle is only 1.....hmm...
Old 09-04-2013, 09:52 PM   #5
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
The T3 is not available in Australia yet, and may not be available for weeks. My wife is going to Canada in a couple of weeks. If she bought the T3 in Canada would I be able to use it in Australia?
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2013, 10:35 PM   #6
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!

I would think so but it's a guess. Make sure you guys go to Sony.ca to find a location near to where she's going. Sony stores aren't everywhere.

Oh! and if memory serves, they usually only get the black ones but have the other colors after a few weeks. She may not have a choice of colors depending when and where she goes. She could also try Future Shop or Best Buy Canada.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:58 PM   #7
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
The T3 is not available in Australia yet, and may not be available for weeks. My wife is going to Canada in a couple of weeks. If she bought the T3 in Canada would I be able to use it in Australia?
There may be an added bonus to doing it this way, the last reader(T2) had a modified firmware downunder which restricted the region choice so that you could not set it up as a US account by purchasing in North america you would bypass this.
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:56 PM   #8
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Thanks to you both.

Shopaholic: I'd prefer a black one.

melmac: I like the added bonus.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 12:04 AM   #9
yts06mgr
Nameless Being

Stick to PRS-T3 to be sold in Australia as it will come with more embedded dictionary choices and a direct access to Australian Reader Store. The same story goes with PRS-T2.

By the way, publishers control which books to be sold, where and how much, not Sony. That's why they have Reader Store per country.
Old 09-05-2013, 12:08 AM   #10
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by yts06mgr View Post
Stick to PRS-T3 to be sold in Australia as it will come with more embedded dictionary choices and a direct access to Australian Reader Store. The same story goes with PRS-T2.

By the way, publishers control which books to be sold, where and how much, not Sony. That's why they have Reader Store per country.
Why would you want to use the Australian store if it means you're paying more.
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 12:34 AM   #11
yts06mgr
Nameless Being

You mean for eBooks? Sure, maybe a valid point as long as you do not need a direct access to buy and download from Australian Reader Store and don't care about less choices of embedded dictionaries. How about warranty coverage in case something goes wrong, and so on. Just giving a few more facts for your decision. Enjoy your new PRS-T3.
Old 09-07-2013, 07:52 PM   #12
Soul_Est
Gadgetic Young Man
Soul_Est has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Soul_Est has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Soul_Est has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Soul_Est has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: BlackBerry Z30, Sony PRS-650, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
It's great that Sony finally got around to putting a higher resolution display in their ereaders. I may get one after trying one out in-store to see how well it renders and flips through some of my ebooks. Their geographical restrictions still annoy me though. What if your a Russian user in Canada? No FB2 support for you? The file support on a whole is still much lower than what OPUS and Bookeen support on their ereaders. Only things I can think of for staying with Sony would be (possibly) higher build quality, no ads, and better PDF rendering (which the DjVU support of OPUS and Bookeen negates). As a PRS-650 owner, I'm disappointed in how the ereader line has gone down hill.
Soul_Est is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 07:59 PM   #13
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
In the very first post in this thread is a video of the T3, and at about 5:55 it shows how the cover is removed and what is then left. I think your only choices are to keep the original cover that you purchase with it, or buy the additional cover with the light and swap it out as the video shows.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=221532

I still think they should have sold the reader 2 ways, 1 with the basic cover without a light, and 1 with the lighted cover only. For those who will want the light, they've paid a higher price for a cover they can't use for really no reason.

Edit: Another good video here, although the review is in German. But you can easily see how the cover detaches and how it looks.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=221966

Last edited by Ripplinger; 09-08-2013 at 10:32 AM.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote