Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 08-29-2011, 03:08 AM   #1
signum
Zealot
signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: none
Global Replace

Here's a little glitch I haven't seen discussed anywhere else on this forum. I'm trying to do a global replace on some text, but it won't work the first time, but will work if I try it again. Specifically, I'm trying to replace the string

Code:
<p>#</p>
with

Code:
<hr />
everywhere in my document. The hash mark was substituted for a fancy graphic by the third-party program I used to convert a pdf to text. The fancy graphic in the original represents a scene break in the narrative. There are 16 of them.

So, I do a "replace all" and Sigil reports 16 changes. I immediately do a "replace all" again and Sigil again reports 16 changes. If I try it a third time, Sigil reports 0 changes.

The first time I noticed this, I had gone through making sure each replacement was what I wanted. Turned out, every candidate was needing to be changed, but that method didn't actually replace anything the first time through either.

I have a workaround, so it's not a huge problem, but it should probably be looked at some time.

Kubuntu 11.04
Sigil 0.4.1

Thanks in advance.
signum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 07:10 AM   #2
charleski
Wizard
charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Yeah, I've experienced this as well, it's definitely a known issue that will be looked at. I know John wants to put out the 0.4.3 release next weekend and then leave things until 0.5, so it depends on whether there's time to look at it in the next week. (We've been working through quite a long list of bugs so far.)
charleski is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2011, 09:08 AM   #3
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
I'm committed to putting out 0.4.x releases until it is acceptably stable. This is an annoying bug but not critical. Any data loss bugs would cause another 0.4.x release. If there is time this will be looked at but I won't guarantee it will be. If there isn't an existing bug report can you open one so this doesn't get lost.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote