Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-27-2009, 03:10 PM   #1
cremofix
cremofix began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS700
PRS700 just shows Titlepage in EPUB

hello folks

till now I had no problems reading epub books, converted from html with calibre on my prs700
now I ve had several times the problem, that I just can find the Titlepage and the PRS shows me only 1/1 pages although the book has more than 400 pages and I can view it with the Calibre-Viewer without any problems.
When I convert it to LRF an transfer it to the PRS everything works fine.

please help

My Calibre version: 0.6.19
Mario
cremofix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 05:14 PM   #2
Manafa
Manafa is a glorious beacon of lightManafa is a glorious beacon of lightManafa is a glorious beacon of lightManafa is a glorious beacon of lightManafa is a glorious beacon of lightManafa is a glorious beacon of lightManafa is a glorious beacon of lightManafa is a glorious beacon of lightManafa is a glorious beacon of lightManafa is a glorious beacon of lightManafa is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Sony PRS-600
I have exactly the same problem with PRS-600. After converting I can view the whole book in Calibre, but when I copied it in the reader I can see only the page 1/1. I removed 0.6.19 and now will install 0.5.6. I will post the results later.
Manafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2009, 04:54 AM   #3
cremofix

I did a little testing, but I am not firm enough in epub oder html ...
perhaps someone can give a hint.

When I try to open the epub with sigil (epub editor) I get the following message several times with split0, split 1... (see attachment)

it seems that calibre splits the files to several files and they are not transferred completely.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sigil.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	12.3 KB
ID:	38293  
Old 10-30-2009, 10:43 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
open a ticket and attach an epub
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 01:17 PM   #5
cremofix

I opened a ticket and Kovid gave me an link to an older ticket (dup of #3693 )
There you find the answer to the problem.
I just renamed the files because there were some german Umlauts (ä,ö,ü..) in the Filename. Those were responsible for the problems. Now everything works fine.

Thanks to Kovid

Mario
Advert