Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 02-10-2005, 02:52 PM   #1
Team7
Zealot
Team7 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Team7 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Team7 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Toshiba e755,Samsung i730
Sandkings By George R.R. Martin

George R.R. Martin doesnt need any introduction so Ill cut right to the book. First off it is a short story. If you have ever been into owning an ant farm when you were younger or still love ants and insects this book is for you. It is set in the far future and is about a guy who collects rare and often dangerous space creatures. Anyway he gets a new pet that act quite like intelligent ants. It is a short story so I cant tell you much about it without giving anything away, but it is a really good story. Quite predictable but really really interesting. I can sit for hours watching ants build their hills and forage for food and Martin really incorporates this interest into the story. The main character does all the things that you would do if regular ants were smarter. Maybe you wouldnt do some things. Anyway I highly recomend the book and for $2 it is a little pricy for a short story but I think it was worth every penny!
Team7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 06:13 PM   #2
rlauzon
Wizard
rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: PocketBook Era
Thumbs up Sandkings

I completely agree. This was one of my first purchases from Fictionwise and it was well worth the money.

Last edited by rlauzon; 02-10-2005 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Misspelling
rlauzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2005, 07:57 PM   #3
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Thanks for the review, Team7. I'm a big fan of Martin, but have only read his "song of Ice and Fire" books so far... I might give this one a try.

Craig.
cbarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 02:39 AM   #4
Team7
Zealot
Team7 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Team7 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Team7 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

You deffinately should cbarnett! he also has another book I am really looking forward to buying about vampires. I just have so much to read right now. Here is a link to his vampire book. http://www.fictionwise.com/ebooks/eBook26242.htm this is a novel though, not a short story.
Old 02-13-2005, 07:59 PM   #5
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I know what you mean. I was given the new Robert Jordan/Wheel of Time prequel book for Christmas, and reading it made me start re-reading the rest of the series. Almost finished Fires of Heaven (book 5) now.... Only 5 more to go, then I can read something else (and Martin is a good choice )

Craig.
Advert
Old 02-14-2005, 08:35 AM   #6
Team7
Zealot

man you are die hard cbarnett. I personally cant stand the wheel of time series. I just finished the 10th one and almost had a party to celebrate finishing it. The accomplished nothing in the whole book. IT was all review of what has been happening in the 9th book. I think he needs to hurry up and finish it. I know it is going to have an amazing ending!
Old 02-14-2005, 09:51 PM   #7
cbarnett
MR prodigal son

It better.... I'm now well into Lord of Chaos (book 6), one of my favourites of the series. I haven't read book 10 yet, but I remember book 9 finished with a bang, so it does give me something to read that's new at the end

Then I need to re-read Robin Hobb's Farseer trilogy, so I can then read the Live Ships and Fool trilogies...then David Weber's Mutineers Moon series...so many books, so little time...

Craig.