Device: Kobo Ereader
Thank you robko.

I will do that.
elsbeth21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:58 PM   #332
jemcgeough
jemcgeough began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch Wifi
It would be nice if the Kobo showed the name of the book series and the number as well (maybe on the library page where it shows book details?). There's an author that has about 4 series going right now, and the titles all sound the same. I get mixed up pretty quickly about what books are in what series and what order to read them in. It would be nice to have this so I don't need to rename and resend all the books from calibre.
jemcgeough is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2012, 06:19 PM   #333
Mekk
Mekk is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-600
1. Handle hiearchical table of contents (more here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...86#post2226086 )

2. Make it possible to switch pages in annotation mode.

3. Handle non-ascii letters while marking words for annotation (zażółć gęślą jaźń)

4. Consider some faster way to mark a passage of text. Double-tap and drag (like on Sony)? Two-finger touch? Pinch? …

5. Let me disable facebook once and for good, and remove it's icon so I don't see it anymore.

6. Let me provide custom sharing URL instead of facebook
Mekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:40 PM   #334
EldRick
Evangelist
EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Aura H2O (i86, M96C, Mini&Glo, PRS-950, STR, K-Touch, K-DX, K-3)
Using 2.1.4 on my new Mini, I'd like to see more granularity in the mid-range of font sizes.
What it offers at the moment are too many choices that are absurdly large, and few choices in the middle of the slider (using Caecilia).
The choices between 9 and 14-pt seem to jump by 2-3 points, when they would be better if the mid-ranges sizes were 1-point apart, to optimize readability and lines/page.
EldRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:43 AM   #335
azbdsf
Aka Redfish
azbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterazbdsf can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo touch
Perso, le plus important:
-Pouvoir modifier les marges même si elles sont fixe dans le css.
-Avoir une règle de césure correcte pour le français: 3-3.
-Retour de la barre d'avancement dans le livre, avec les coches de chapitre, dans le menu de lecture.
-Retour de l'heure affichée en permanence dans le menu de lecture.
-Avoir une alerte en cas de batterie faible, avant qu'elle ne soit vide.
-Prise en charge native du tag "série".
-Arriver sur la couverture, et non pas le chapitre 1, quand on ouvre un eBook.

Personally, the most important:
-Possibility to change margins even if they are fixed in the css.
-Having a correct hyphenation rule for French: 3-3.
-Back of the progress bar in the book, with chapter's ticks, in the reading menu.
-Back of the time permanently displayed in the read menu.
-Have a warning of low battery, before it is empty.
-Native support of the tag "series".
-Getting on the cover, not on chapter 1, when you open an eBook.

PS: Sorry for bad English level.

Last edited by azbdsf; 10-20-2012 at 10:46 AM.
azbdsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2012, 11:21 AM   #336
bebel
bebel began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO GLO
what would be great for Dictionary :

- edition of an entry : possibility to modify and find a word even if not written exactly like in the book
bebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:12 PM   #337
4ll4n
4ll4n can self-interpret dreams as they happen.4ll4n can self-interpret dreams as they happen.4ll4n can self-interpret dreams as they happen.4ll4n can self-interpret dreams as they happen.4ll4n can self-interpret dreams as they happen.4ll4n can self-interpret dreams as they happen.4ll4n can self-interpret dreams as they happen.4ll4n can self-interpret dreams as they happen.4ll4n can self-interpret dreams as they happen.4ll4n can self-interpret dreams as they happen.4ll4n can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kobo Glo
Adjustable margins regardless of CSS presets in epubs please.

Oh and bring the progress bar back please!
4ll4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 03:01 AM   #338
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Software shut down.
It would be nice to have a turn power off function somewhere, touching the screen (like Sony does) on the Glo
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 03:12 AM   #339
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quexos View Post
Software shut down.
It would be nice to have a turn power off function somewhere, touching the screen (like Sony does) on the Glo
Why? What would that add? You'd have to navigate to the screen where the off icon is... whereas you can just slide the slider from anywhere in the book or library or settings or elsewhere and be done with it...
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 03:30 AM   #340
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
It would add that with my totally short nails it's not easy for me to properly grab that sliding button. It's not the end of the world to do it but it would be an extra to have the shut down on software.
Why are you against it ? if it helps some, you'd still be able to shut it the way you do with the sliding button, nobody would force you to do it this way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
Why? What would that add? You'd have to navigate to the screen where the off icon is... whereas you can just slide the slider from anywhere in the book or library or settings or elsewhere and be done with it...
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 12:47 PM   #341
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quexos View Post
It would add that with my totally short nails it's not easy for me to properly grab that sliding button. It's not the end of the world to do it but it would be an extra to have the shut down on software.
Why are you against it ? if it helps some, you'd still be able to shut it the way you do with the sliding button, nobody would force you to do it this way.
I'm not necessarily against it, I just think it's unnecessary development time. Weird that you find it uneasy to slide the slider with short nails. I have short nails too, and slide the slider no problem...
Old 10-21-2012, 01:25 PM   #342
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Software power-off and send-to-sleep might also help extend the life of the slider. Mechanical parts seem to be the most vulnerable components of electronic devices.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:55 PM   #343
winsomnia
Groupie
winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: kobo Touch, kobo Aura
I wonder which would die first, the battery or the mechanical sliding on/off/sleep switch.
I personally prefer mechanical buttons over touching my screen all the time.

Next.

I really want to repeat the request for a low battery warning before the Kobo shuts down. My own preference would be a page turn that brings up a message like, "low battery, please charge your Kobo soon," and nothing else. This way, there is nothing else on the screen to distract me from properly receiving this message, and if my Kobo shuts down while I'm still reading, then I have no one to blame but myself. I'm sure other people would prefer a more discreet message that might involve a bar (10% of screen) across the page they are reading. The important note is that this warning should come while reading, not while navigating menus. Whatever form it comes in, this low battery warning is much desired. Please make it happen.

Last edited by winsomnia; 10-21-2012 at 01:57 PM. Reason: add bold
winsomnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 02:44 PM   #344
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by winsomnia View Post
I wonder which would die first, the battery or the mechanical sliding on/off/sleep switch.
I wonder how long the reset button will survive!
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 02:51 PM   #345
Mrs_Often
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by winsomnia View Post
I really want to repeat the request for a low battery warning before the Kobo shuts down. My own preference would be a page turn that brings up a message like, "low battery, please charge your Kobo soon," and nothing else. This way, there is nothing else on the screen to distract me from properly receiving this message, and if my Kobo shuts down while I'm still reading, then I have no one to blame but myself. I'm sure other people would prefer a more discreet message that might involve a bar (10% of screen) across the page they are reading. The important note is that this warning should come while reading, not while navigating menus. Whatever form it comes in, this low battery warning is much desired. Please make it happen.
YES PLEASE!

Tags
feature requests, firmware, kobo