Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 07-01-2011, 10:04 AM   #1
stexxe
stexxe began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
CBR to PDF Conversion and Trimming

As far as I see the "Disable comic processing" provides the best pdf quality from a CBR.
But, in this case, I cannot work with trimming, expecially for right/left margins.

Is there a way in order to force to detect margins and trim them correctly?

Thanks in advance,
Stexxe
stexxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 06:30 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
From what I know, the comic processing stuff does trimming and image conversions depending on what output profile you selected. So, naturally, if you disable the processing, you won't get any trimming You might want to change the profile to something else, depending on what you selected and what device you are using.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2011, 11:03 AM   #3
stexxe
stexxe began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
I'm trying to convert a CBR to a pdf in order to view it on my ipad and I performed the following tests:

TEST 1
On the Comic Input section selected the following fields:
Disable comic processing
Result: best pdf quality , no trimming

TEST 2
On the Comic Input section selected the following fields:
Disable conversion of images to black and white
Disable normalize
Disable Sharpening
Result: medium pdf quality (there is some king of image processing), yes trimming

So I'm searching for a way that mix the best part of both results.

Is there a way to complete disable any image processing to enhance the result of TEST 2?

Thanks in advance,
Stexxe
stexxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 01:51 PM   #4
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by stexxe View Post
So I'm searching for a way that mix the best part of both results.
Did you consider what Manichean posted? Image processing in Calibre pays attention to your output device. I'm not familiar enough with the image code to be certain, but have you tried selecting another output device?

This is just a guess, but you could be seeing poor resolution pdf images with result 2 because your output device is low resolution, and no cropping but good resolution in result 1 because you've told Calibre not to process the images. I always run with a generic setting for my output device and have never noticed poor quality resolution in pdf images.

I'd run some tests with different output devices selected.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote