Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 10-25-2008, 11:11 PM   #16
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireadfreely View Post
where do I put these files. Please help I have no clue what this stuff is.
What files? You need to make your questions more specific.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 01:20 PM   #17
Ireadfreely
Ireadfreely began at the beginning.

Device: Iphone
I have the book which is a bunch of numers_enc.prc and the mobidedrm04.py on my desktop.

I dragged the script into python, i get errors, I type the command line, I get errors.
Ireadfreely is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2009, 11:22 PM   #18
Ireadfreely

well. I have been on haitus for a bit. Now, I converted to epub etc. When I tried in stanza, the pictures did not appear, only the text. Is there another way to convert? I just want to print it at this point.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:04 AM   #19
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
well. I have been on haitus for a bit. Now, I converted to epub etc. When I tried in stanza, the pictures did not appear, only the text. Is there another way to convert? I just want to print it at this point.
Try Calibre. Stanza strips all kinds of things. It is good for reading on an iPhone but not for anything else.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 03:01 PM   #20
Ireadfreely

I tried Calibre. It only converts to epub. I have no clue what to do next.
If mobipocket allowed me to print the ebook I would probably be better off!.

Appreciate any help you guys can offer.
Advert
Old 01-09-2009, 03:27 PM   #21
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
If mobipocket allowed me to print the ebook I would probably be better off!.
I think what he is saying is trying reading your ePub in calibre rather than in Stanza.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 03:31 PM   #22
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Internally, MOBI is HTML. Once the MOBI file is DRM-free, use Calibre's command line program mobi2oeb to "explode" the MOBI to HTML. If you have run mobidedrm you should be able to run mobi2oeb, which is a similar python program. Once Calibre is installed, mobi2oeb should already be in your command "path" so just assume it is there and issue a command such as:
Code:
mobi2oeb -o book_html book.mobi
where book_html is a subdirectory where you would like the HTML and images to go (it does not have to exist yet).

Once you have a HTML file, use whatever you like to create a PDF version. I'm not an expert on this part but html to print should be simple.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 11:43 PM   #23
Ireadfreely

yea can't do it lol. Can you help me out? I can send you the file? I would appreciate it!!!!!!!!!