Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 04-18-2010, 02:54 PM   #1
plumboz
Novelist
plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Side Projects

I have found that giving myself another creative assignment outside of the writing of the current WIP has actually helped me in my approach to the novel. Having something that I thoroughly enjoy and attach no pressure to somehow sets a good tone for the writing, which I aim to have as my career one day soon.

The other project, a photo blog documenting my hometown, allows me to revive my interest in photography, I can sprinkle just a bit writing alongside and it gets me out in the fresh air!

Anyone else giving themselves an additional creative outlet?

Best,
Alan

This may be of limited interest to folks here, but this is where my photo blog can be found: Mesa 2010
plumboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 04:06 PM   #2
MargaretLake
Enthusiast
MargaretLake writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MargaretLake writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MargaretLake writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MargaretLake writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MargaretLake writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MargaretLake writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MargaretLake writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MargaretLake writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MargaretLake writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MargaretLake writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MargaretLake writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle
Cute houses. I always like to see where other people live.

I came from a small town with lots of character. Then I moved to Miami and Ft. Lauderdale and unless you go into the old parts of the town, everything is same ole' same ole'.

Now I'm in a mid-size town, but all the builders here seem to work from the same plans.

Yes, I'm doing another creative project besides my WiP. I lead the Harry Potter book club at the elementary school. The county is putting on the first Reader's Theater in our area, and my book club has naturally been invited to participate. That leaves me writing the play.

I just finished my seventh revision because the number of kids participating keeps changing. I'm only changing it one more time. The 7th will be if all the kids show up next Saturday. We'll do the last revision if even one of them doesn't show up. I'm writing it so that no one has a separate part.

Believe me, the WiP is my escape from this torture.

Wish me luck!!
MargaretLake is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-18-2010, 06:01 PM   #3
DArenson
ebookworm
DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kobo, Kindle
Hi Alan.

Writing is my main creative outlet, but I also paint occasionally. Lately I've been painting with watercolors. Do you have facebook? If so, add me; I have a watercolor gallery under my profile.
DArenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:44 PM   #4
ASparrow
Addict
ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX
I play jazz on upright bass, though I notice my music suffers when I'm on a writing binge, like right now. Limited brain capacity, must be.
ASparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 03:12 AM   #5
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
I would love to do photography, paint or play an instrument... Unfortunately I'm hopelessly uncreative.
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2010, 06:35 PM   #6
Joebill
Fanatic
Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel
What do I do besides write poetry...

I have my dice collection online on a web site. I have a web site about drive-in movie theaters and slowly working on using software to draw a rather large starship. How large a starship ? It can put Kirk's Enterprise in its docking bay.

I love to read as well.
Joebill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 11:23 PM   #7
alvico
Addict
alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by plumboz View Post
I have found that giving myself another creative assignment outside of the writing of the current WIP has actually helped me in my approach to the novel. Having something that I thoroughly enjoy and attach no pressure to somehow sets a good tone for the writing, which I aim to have as my career one day soon.

The other project, a photo blog documenting my hometown, allows me to revive my interest in photography, I can sprinkle just a bit writing alongside and it gets me out in the fresh air!

Anyone else giving themselves an additional creative outlet?

Best,
Alan

This may be of limited interest to folks here, but this is where my photo blog can be found: Mesa 2010
Hi Alan,

I, too, use photography as a break from my writing, although at the moment a writing project is taking precedence. My photoblog is Eucalypt Habitat.

Check out City Daily Photo . I've been photoblogging for a couple of years but only joined the CDP community a few months ago.

Cheers,
Vicki
alvico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 11:37 PM   #8
plumboz
Novelist
plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Interesting variety of "side projects" and other creative outlets. ASparrow, I think it's great about the jazz. The protagonists in Boomerang are jazz musicians, a guitar player and a Hammond B-3 disciple of Jimmy Smith. Vicki, thanks for pointing out the City Photo Blog site. I took a quick look just now and will likely come back to register when I have some time.

Alan
plumboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 09:31 PM   #9
Joebill
Fanatic
Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel
Quote:
Originally Posted by lene1949 View Post
I would love to do photography, paint or play an instrument... Unfortunately I'm hopelessly uncreative.
I used to sing in public... my relatives asked me to not do that anymore. Really.

So I don't.
Joebill is offline   Reply With Quote