Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 11-05-2012, 07:32 AM   #1
astmario
Connoisseur
astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
How to change MOBI dictionary language?

I tried making translation dictionary(english to serbian) according to instructions found here on the forum, and everything works great.
But my problem is making serbian-serbian dictionary. If I edit OPF file and substitute EN with SR in following lines:

<DictionaryInLanguage>sr</DictionaryInLanguage>
<DictionaryOutLanguage>sr</DictionaryOutLanguage>

I get working dictionary, but for some reason when I copy it to Kindle(Touch of PW) it is seen as Croatian? Any ideas about this?
I found info somwhere on the web that distinction between serbian cyrilic and serbian latin leters is broken in Kindle, but can't confirm this, so I ask here for help building working serbian-serbian dictionary in Mobi format for Kindle.
astmario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:27 AM   #2
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Apparently Mobipocket didn't distinguish between Latin Serbian and Cyrillic Serbian and "sr" defaulted to "sr-cyrl". I.e. Cyrillic letters.

What you can try to do is open your dictionary with the Java Mobi Metadata Editor and double-check the actual dictionary input language and change it to "sr-latn" or "sr-cyrl".

BTW, even if your dictionary shows up as a Croatian dictionary it should still work as long as your Serbian books have the same language code as the dictionary input language code. (The main dictionary document language is irrelevant.)
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2012, 03:41 PM   #3
astmario
Connoisseur
astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Thanks for the help! Tried that Java editor, and you where right, it was set to sr-cyril insted of sr-latin. But, changing that didn't help, Kindle still report dictionary as Croatian.

If I convert my books metadata to Croatian, dictionary works, but if I leave it as Serbian, when I try to search the word in the book, Kindle says Dictionary not Found, There are no dictionaries on your device for this book's language.
astmario is offline   Reply With Quote