Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-18-2010, 07:36 PM   #1
Fif23
Connoisseur
Fif23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fif23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fif23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fif23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fif23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fif23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fif23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fif23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fif23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fif23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fif23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Case-Logic prs-600 case on 650 ? Cheap cases ?

The case logic is the only reasonably priced case that is available for international customers right now, but it's for the 600.

I was wondering if anyone used it with the new 650, how's the fit ? Acceptable ?

Any other recommendations for sub 25 dollar cases ? No need for a light. Just a sturdy quality case.

The cases thread wasn't very helpful for my personal case hunt
Fif23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 08:20 PM   #2
starrlamia
Zealot
starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, PB 16g
from what Ive read the 600 cases dont fit the best because they are a tad big.
Ive also had a hard time finding inexpensive cases.
I would recommend making one, or even checking out etsy, there were a few book style ones I saw around 25 bucks and made in fun fabrics.
starrlamia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2010, 05:24 AM   #3
darknessangel
Addict
darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, iPad
Just go the ebay way! I can't guarantee the cheap though. And I'm a friend of case logic, they are not the most durable but it offers the best quality for your money.
darknessangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 05:41 AM   #4
Geppetto
Addict
Geppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS600, Cybook, Hanvon N520, Sony PRS300, Onyx Boox, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by darknessangel View Post
Just go the ebay way!
I bought one on eBay from US, and it never arrived: got lost in the Atlantic Ocean...
Geppetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 09:38 AM   #5
Merbear
Enthusiast
Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: PRS-600 & Kobo & PRS-650, iTouch and iPad2
I must say I don't care for any of the cases. That said though, I mostly use my reader at home and if I travel with it - I have a quilted bag to carry it in. I will most likely get a gelskin picture for it's back though cause they are so nice.
Merbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2010, 12:34 PM   #6
ewandeep
Zealot
ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Sony PRS-T1 Sony PRS-350 Nook Touch Glow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geppetto View Post
I bought one on eBay from US, and it never arrived: got lost in the Atlantic Ocean...
how long do you wait?
mine arrived after 25 days, so It is possible your is coming.
ewandeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 02:55 PM   #7
Geppetto
Addict
Geppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS600, Cybook, Hanvon N520, Sony PRS300, Onyx Boox, Kindle 3
On October 3rd. It was shipped via USPS Intl First Class. It's been tracked and it departed from Chicago. Then it disappeared.
Geppetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 05:28 PM   #8
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
i didn't like the style of the Case Logic semi-hard sleeve for the 650. I went with a similar Wenger zippered sleeve -- http://www.amazon.com/Avenues-Wenger.../dp/B003SCQ6TQ but I could swear a paid a few dollars less at a local Best Buy.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote