Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 02-14-2010, 09:32 PM   #1
lucasfinley
lucasfinley began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage eDGe
Developers for the Entourage eDGe??

I'm curious to know how appealing the eDGe is for developers. I see lots of potential for overclocking, etc. So what do you think?
lucasfinley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 08:36 AM   #2
zetareticuli
Addict
zetareticuli doesn't litterzetareticuli doesn't litterzetareticuli doesn't litter

Device: Aztak Mentor
I will definitely be writing stuff for the Edge. Just waiting to get mine to start doing stuff.
zetareticuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2010, 02:48 PM   #3
paulckennedy
Addict
paulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-books

Device: Apple iPad
Same here.

I am not as interested in overclocking as fully utilizing the dual screen model for something other than just e-book reading. I can't wait for the SDK but that will probably be available by the end of the year. I bet I can get in plenty of development just writing for the LCD side.
paulckennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 03:51 PM   #4
mgm1979
Zealot
mgm1979 is on a distinguished road

yeah, what's the deal with dialing the chip speed down (where did I read that, again?)? Definitely worthy to pursue getting THAT speed back, alone (I'm guessing it had something to do with battery life?)

I can't WAIT to see what kinds of goodies you smart developers whip up for us eDGerS (I just coined that, it's official!)...I'm gonna *TRY* to dabble in writing some things, but I doubt anything will be earth-shattering.
mgm1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 04:55 PM   #5
lucasfinley
lucasfinley began at the beginning.

Exactly what I'm saying. If a company is going to utilize a processor rated for 1.3Ghz why do they feel need to dial it back nearly 50% to 800Mhz!!! I have a Motorloa Droid OC'd from 550Mhz to 1.1Ghz, so the possibilities are endless.
lucasfinley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2010, 07:18 PM   #6
zetareticuli
Addict
zetareticuli doesn't litterzetareticuli doesn't litterzetareticuli doesn't litter

Device: Aztak Mentor
Heck, why not! I will try the over-clocking as well and see how that goes. Over-clocking can, however, significantly reduce the battery running time. I suggest use over-clocking only if you think you are going to get something out of it. I usually only play with over-clocking with PCs and servers that are permanently connected to AC power. Over-clocking something that runs on batteries is not very useful in most cases.
zetareticuli is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
entourage edge