Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-12-2009, 01:26 PM   #1
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Book availability

(Note to mods: I wasn't sure where this would best fit, please feel free to move it).

Has anyone else run into the fact that there are certain books available in ebook format ONLY at Amazon and no where else? This is getting annoying. The first book in the Joanne Fluke Hannah Swenson series is available nowhere except Amazon. I love that series, and would buy all of them, but I won't buy it without the first one, and since I don't have a Kindle, well, I'm sure you see where that is going. I've found a few more that way also, in series I'd like to purchase. Anyone else having this problem?
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 02:21 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Yes. It seems to be mainly specific publishers, but I've seen it quite a bit unfortunately. I don't know for sure, but I think Amazon makes it easier for the publishers to make their book available than going through someone like Lightning Source (Ingram) or Over Drive.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2009, 02:24 PM   #3
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
(Note to mods: I wasn't sure where this would best fit, please feel free to move it).

Has anyone else run into the fact that there are certain books available in ebook format ONLY at Amazon and no where else? This is getting annoying. The first book in the Joanne Fluke Hannah Swenson series is available nowhere except Amazon. I love that series, and would buy all of them, but I won't buy it without the first one, and since I don't have a Kindle, well, I'm sure you see where that is going. I've found a few more that way also, in series I'd like to purchase. Anyone else having this problem?
Sometimes. And sometimes the missing titles are elsewhere and not at Amazon. They'll probably get more and more of them, though, as they are the ones really pushing for it (ie, paying for it and doing it themselves if the publishers don't).

If you have an iphone/ipod touch you could read it there.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 04:58 PM   #4
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't, unfortunately, I have a BlackBerry instead. Stanza says they're working on an app for BlackBerry, but I don't know if that means I'll be able to access the Kindle store with it.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:02 PM   #5
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:

This is what turns people to piracy. You can get all of her books on the Darknet in multiple formats. When will they learn to offer books across the board for all readers. I swear they're creating more pirates everyday with their nonesensical decisions.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2009, 05:13 PM   #6
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
This is what turns people to piracy. You can get all of her books on the Darknet in multiple formats. When will they learn to offer books across the board for all readers. I swear they're creating more pirates everyday with their nonesensical decisions.

No, you can't. I looked. Not that I'd have downloaded them but I'd probably have been tempted. You are correct, though, this is exactly what turns people to piracy, I won't say I haven't been tempted, just that so far I've managed to resist.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:54 PM   #7
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
No, you can't. I looked. Not that I'd have downloaded them but I'd probably have been tempted. You are correct, though, this is exactly what turns people to piracy, I won't say I haven't been tempted, just that so far I've managed to resist.

yeah you're right I was looking at the audiobook versions. Which are all available on the Darknet. Only a couple of RTF versions are availble on the Mule.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 06:30 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
I don't, unfortunately, I have a BlackBerry instead. Stanza says they're working on an app for BlackBerry, but I don't know if that means I'll be able to access the Kindle store with it.
Stanza has no access to Amazon's eBooks. To get access you need a Kindle or an iPod or and iPod Touch.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:08 PM   #9
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Hear hear! If I run across it, I email the writer and Sony (nicely, of course). Hasn't worked yet though..
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:34 PM   #10
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Stanza has no access to Amazon's eBooks. To get access you need a Kindle or an iPod or and iPod Touch.
Darn. I'm beginning to be seriously tempted to start looking on ebay for a Kindle 1.
Old 03-13-2009, 07:17 PM   #11
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Hear hear! If I run across it, I email the writer and Sony (nicely, of course). Hasn't worked yet though..
Well, I just tried it for "The Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder" by Joanne Fluke. I emailed her publisher contact from her website, and we'll see if I get a response. The rest of the titles are available at Books on Board, it's just that first book that isn't.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:35 PM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Yes, I know this is an old thread.

I'm now reading Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder and I'm enjoying it so far. I has a feel to it like Murder She Wrote.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote