Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-05-2012, 12:57 AM   #1
scrapking
Evangelist
scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo
Kobo app for Microsoft Surface (Windows 8 RT)

I used to have a Kobo Vox, but recently side-graded to a Kobo Glo. But there are times when I'm on my tablet (a Microsoft Surface) and want to switch over to read on Kobo for a short while without grabbing my dedicated e-reader.

This appears to not be possible. The Kobo app for Windows 8 RT doesn't work. I don't mean that it's missing a feature, or crashes occasionally, I mean I can't read a book with it; it sometimes hangs at launch, sometimes it hangs at the sign-in screen, and sometimes (rarely) it makes it all the way to my library and then hangs when I attempt to open a book. I have yet to have a single page of a single book displayed for me in the RT app. This is not isolated to me, the reviews for the app are mostly from people suffering similar issues.

I love Kobo, and I love my Surface, but for the moment I am not able to enjoy them together. Anyone had any success marrying the two?
scrapking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 11:49 AM   #2
nathan.grewal
Dickens Fanatic
nathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo touch, iPod touch 4th gen, kobo arc, kobo arc 10 HD, nexus 5
kobo instant reader in the browser?
nathan.grewal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert