Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 05-02-2011, 09:31 PM   #1
AmpedUpDigital
AmpedUpDigital began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
"Content is not allowed in prolog." - Enhanced Epub Error Help?

Hello all! I will fully admit to being a noob at the epub game, so please be gentle.

I have an enhanced epub with video that I have created for the iPad. When I sync through iTunes it works perfectly.

The problem comes when posting through iTunesPublisher. Has anyone seen the error: "Content is not allowed in prolog." If so, what does that mean and any thoughts on how to fix it?

BTW, why does Apple make this such a difficult process? If it runs on my iPad during testing, shouldn't it run on every other iPad?

Anyway, thanks for any insights.
Kelly R. Kerr
AmpedUpDigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:29 AM   #2
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
The main problems are, that video is not really part of the epub specs and the iBooks app on the iPad is a crap program. The iBooks program doesn't follow a lot of specs and you have to work around it.

Then again, after working around it, it will probably only work on the iBooks app.

Like I said, video is not part of the specs. If you get it to work, there are no garantues. I would advise search around on this forum. Various posts about video on the iPad in a iPub (since it won't be an ePub) are made and I believe also methods to make it work.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2011, 11:38 AM   #3
Jim Lester
Evangelist
Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.

Device: Nook HD, Nook for Windows 8
"Content is not allowed in prolog" is a general XML error and it usually means that you have whitespace before the beginning of the content so instead of

Code:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
  <head>
  .... yadda yadda yadda ....

You may have

Code:
(new lines or tabs )

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
  <head>
If the error gave a particular file - check that file.

EDIT: ... alternatively ... it's not about your ePub at all, but is a problem sending the request to the Apple servers (firewall, et al inserting content into the body).

Last edited by Jim Lester; 05-03-2011 at 11:41 AM.
Jim Lester is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
content not allowed, enhanced epub