Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-31-2010, 01:16 PM   #1
Dahak
Zealot
Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony PRS-505(LC) & Rocket eBook
Send and Delete From Library

My 'Search-fu' is failing me and returning threads with 800+ pages in them, so I figured I'd ask this as a new thread.

A minor recommendation:

Spacing the menu options that will delete things further away from those that don't delete things.

Yesterday, after upgrading Calibre (twice, to 0.7.26, as the new update came out an hour after I updated it!) I was working with a block of files.

I was tweaking the EPUB versions (wonderful feature, BTW - I know they're zips, but this feature makes handling them a breeze) and bulk transferring LRF versions over to my Sony PRS-505.

Then I noticed my library had shrunk.

It seems that it's really easy to mistake the 'Send and Delete from Library' menu option for the 'Send Specific Format To' menu option.

Before I'd realized that I hadn't been prompted for a format to send, it had bulk-nuked my selections.

I do not recall if it ever prompted me to confirm my selection. If it did, I probably confused it for the format prompt... I'll have to create a test file to kill and find out if it prompts for confirmation.

[ I just tested it on a transient file: that option does not seem to prompt for confirmation, it goes ahead and transfers and deletes. ]

Undeleting the directories was trivial, but then I ran into the 'rebuild the database' problem (BTW, I liked that '-really-do-it' switch), which failed on a few of them, requiring me to re-import them after all, which I was hoping to avoid.

Basically, I was wondering if you could re-arrange the sub menu to keep delete options a little further away from the non-delete versions.

Maybe add a 'Confirm Delete' dialog, too.
Dahak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 02:43 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I'll re-arrange it for the next release.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2010, 02:57 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I'll re-arrange it for the next release.
While you are re-arranging

Could we have a tweak that woulds disable the ability to ruin a title by accidentally editing the record title in library view.

(The author of Forte' Agent newsreader, called it his "Mom" switch as she seemed to frequently invoke (unintentionally) keyboard shortcuts.)

Or a optional Nag: "Are you sure".

Once "Enter" is struck
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 04:54 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
open a ticket it for it so I dont forget.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 05:30 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
open a ticket it for it so I dont forget.
7364 created. Thank you.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2010, 06:22 AM   #6
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak View Post
I was tweaking the EPUB versions (wonderful feature, BTW - I know they're zips, but this feature makes handling them a breeze) and bulk transferring LRF versions over to my Sony PRS-505.

Then I noticed my library had shrunk.

It seems that it's really easy to mistake the 'Send and Delete from Library' menu option for the 'Send Specific Format To' menu option.

Before I'd realized that I hadn't been prompted for a format to send, it had bulk-nuked my selections.
Wait, send and delete removes the book from your calibre library?
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 05:19 PM   #7
jercox
jercox began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone + Stanza
Realize this is a necro post. But this is the closest result I can find to what I care about.

Several people in my family send books to themselves using the context menu.

The "email to and delete from library option" apparently isn't clear to all of them. Or they accidentally select it instead of just email to.

I want to remove that option from the context menu entirely. And from the menu under the connect / share button in the menu bar as well. No reason at all to have book deletion linked with emailing books in my mind. If I want to remove a book from the library, that can be a separate and unrelated function.

Is there a way to do this? I can't find an option in the menus.
jercox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 07:58 PM   #8
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jercox View Post
Realize this is a necro post. But this is the closest result I can find to what I care about.

Several people in my family send books to themselves using the context menu.

The "email to and delete from library option" apparently isn't clear to all of them. Or they accidentally select it instead of just email to.

I want to remove that option from the context menu entirely. And from the menu under the connect / share button in the menu bar as well. No reason at all to have book deletion linked with emailing books in my mind. If I want to remove a book from the library, that can be a separate and unrelated function.

Is there a way to do this? I can't find an option in the menus.
Would adding only "email to" to the Favourites Menu and hiding the regular menu option work?

Last edited by ownedbycats; 08-01-2022 at 08:03 PM. Reason: typo...
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote