Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 02-03-2013, 04:39 PM   #16
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Ads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I use TubeMate to watch YouTube videos.
Doesn't Tube Mate have ads at the bottom of the screen?
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:27 AM   #17
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
I watch TV shows on my Fire while I workout on the treadmill. I used to purchase them through iTunes and transfer to my iPod. Now I can stream them through Hulu + or Amazon Prime. Works great, costs less, and is so much more convenient!
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2013, 03:02 PM   #18
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I watch video on my little devices all the time. Heck, I used to watch on my iPod Video and sometimes even on my 1.8" Sansa! (When I was really bored on a train usually.)

But I noticed something interesting this weekend. My 6 year-old was watching something totally intolerable on our main TV, so I sat on the couch with her and watched a Led Zeppelin documentary on my phone. I was amused to discover that at comfortable viewing distance, the phone covered the same field of view as my big TV did across the room, so I could hold it up and exactly cover the screen...or pretend we had dual large screen monitors. It was fun. Really, it was.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:41 PM   #19
iPatty
Zealot
iPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle2 KFHD 7, Galaxy 10.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
I watch video on my little devices all the time. Heck, I used to watch on my iPod Video and sometimes even on my 1.8" Sansa! (When I was really bored on a train usually.)

But I noticed something interesting this weekend. My 6 year-old was watching something totally intolerable on our main TV, so I sat on the couch with her and watched a Led Zeppelin documentary on my phone. I was amused to discover that at comfortable viewing distance, the phone covered the same field of view as my big TV did across the room, so I could hold it up and exactly cover the screen...or pretend we had dual large screen monitors. It was fun. Really, it was.
I actually spend more time with my husband because I can sit on the sofa and watch "regular" TV on the KF while he watches his SYFY crap on TV. And yes, the definition is great on those tiny devices. I would watch on my iPhone if I didn't on the Fire. Amazing. I resisted for so long.
iPatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:55 AM   #20
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
Doesn't Tube Mate have ads at the bottom of the screen?
Yes, but they disappear when you watch in full screen mode.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert