Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-25-2010, 08:43 AM   #1
Big Shirley
Enthusiast
Big Shirley began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, Galaxy S, Nook Color, Sony PRS-950
Question Clock on Kindle 2 is incorrect since update

The clock on my Kindle 2 is 4 hours slow since the update to 2.5.3.
It is driving me a little nuts. Does anyone know how to correct it? I searched the amazon forums and tried turning the kindle and the wireless on and off to no avail. I would appreciate any help you can give Thanks in advance.
Big Shirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:28 AM   #2
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
1. Have you tried "Sync and Check for New Items?"
2. Leave the Whispernet on for a day.
3. Reset your Kindle with the Whispernet on - and leave it on for a day. Either use the option on the Settings menu or a "hard" reset - hold the top button to the right for 20-30 seconds and let it reboot - with Whispernet on!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2010, 10:37 AM   #3
laurie_lu
Connoisseur
laurie_lu doesn't litterlaurie_lu doesn't litterlaurie_lu doesn't litter

Device: none
Am I missing something? I do not see a clock anywhere on my Kindle2i. It would be nice to see the time though.
laurie_lu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 01:06 PM   #4
whitearrow
Guru
whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Press the menu button while you are reading a book. The clock should be at the top.
whitearrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 02:12 PM   #5
garyyoung
garyyoung never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.garyyoung never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.garyyoung never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.garyyoung never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.garyyoung never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.garyyoung never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.garyyoung never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.garyyoung never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.garyyoung never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.garyyoung never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.garyyoung never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: Kindle Voyage, PW1
I had the same problem. I solved it by following the instructions in message #6 in this thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ndle+time+zone

Note that after you switch to a different internet service provider (one that broadcasts the correct local time), you can (and probably should) switch back to automatic.
garyyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2010, 06:56 PM   #6
Big Shirley
Enthusiast
Big Shirley began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, Galaxy S, Nook Color, Sony PRS-950
Thanks a bunch for all the responses. #6 in the thread indicated worked like a charm. Thanks again.
Big Shirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 08:26 PM   #7
hoosiermama
Enthusiast
hoosiermama could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hoosiermama could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hoosiermama could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hoosiermama could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hoosiermama could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hoosiermama could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hoosiermama could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hoosiermama could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hoosiermama could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hoosiermama could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hoosiermama could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle 2
First time poster here...mine, too, showed the incorrect time. Kindle CS had me to into Manage Your Kindle and click on "Edit Your Country". There, you can put in your address. Once I did that, it had the correct time.
hoosiermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 09:12 AM   #8
oilcitysis
oilcitysis began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
clock fix

Good morning everyone.
I was having trouble with the time zone on my Kindle 2.
I am in Florida and it was 4 hours off. I called amazons help line and they checked my address. It wasn't registered to the kindle. This corrected the problem right away. So instead of getting frustrated and trying other suggested (forum) fixes just call amazon and ask them to check that the address is registered to your kindle. Have a great week.

Hope this was helpful.
oilcitysis is offline   Reply With Quote