Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 11-20-2009, 07:14 PM   #1
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
BookCreator 3.0 Released

Hi All
It's been a while since the last release and know it's time for the formal release

There have been lots of changes to the BookCreator tool some internal some external. The main change was in collapsing all the different dialog boxes, one for each format and creating one dialog box. This new dialog box now has several tabs, common tabs and format specific tabs. One of the coolest features is the user can now create multiple eBooks with just one button click.
  • Combined eBook Creation dialog to just one.
  • Added support for eReader, PDF, ePUB, LIT,
  • New Styles
  • Batch creation of eBooks.
  • Works with Calibre .6+

Requirements
  • Windows XP or later
  • MS Word 2003 or later
  • Calibre 0.6 or later
  • eBook Technologies (www.ebooktechnologies.com) only for IMP support.

Quote:
NOTE:
* Now points to calibre's new directory by default "C:\Program Files\Calibre2"

There are two new versions one that has IMP support and requires ePublisher and the other version has the IMP support stripped out.

Known Issues:

PDF support is still problematic, and many features are not properly working>
* No BookMark/TOC
* Hyperlinks do not work
* Page break only works on chapter detection.

PDB
* Does not page break
* Links do not work

NOTE:
For those who wish to create PDF, the default output does not work. Users MUST select an output profile like "sony" for the PDF to get created properly. This option is on the "Page Layout" tab
=X=
Attached Files
File Type: zip BookCreator_v3.0.zip (273.6 KB, 2544 views)
File Type: zip BookCreator_v3.0_NO-IMP.zip (252.5 KB, 3121 views)

Last edited by =X=; 11-23-2009 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Added note
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 11:27 AM   #2
pyatrus
Enthusiast
pyatrus shares his or her toyspyatrus shares his or her toyspyatrus shares his or her toyspyatrus shares his or her toyspyatrus shares his or her toyspyatrus shares his or her toyspyatrus shares his or her toyspyatrus shares his or her toyspyatrus shares his or her toyspyatrus shares his or her toyspyatrus shares his or her toys

Device: Nexus 7 (2013); Sony PRS-505; Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
Is there a location on the Internet where the "requirements" for BookCreator are located? (IMHO, it would be useful for all major releases of BookCreator). I didn't find the info in the wiki.

For example:
computer HW issues/requirements (if any, e.g., memory, disk free space, etc.)
Windows versions (any SP issues?)
MS Word version (e.g., is MS Word 2000 supported?)
Calibre version
eBook Publisher version (+ require for?)
etc.

Thanks!

-- Pyatrus
pyatrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2009, 11:30 AM   #3
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi Pyatrus,
Great recommendation I'll add it on the main page.
Old 12-10-2009, 01:53 PM   #4
tkufeldt
tkufeldt began at the beginning.

Device: kendle
I am totally new to this area of tech. I recently purchased an Amazon Kindle and need to put my MS Word documents on it. I have tried to download the link
Attached Files
File Type: zip BookCreator_v3.0.zip (273.6 KB, 76 views)
File Type: zip BookCreator_v3.0_NO-IMP.zip (252.5 KB, 61 views)

that is located in this blog, but I only find a WD doc template in the zip file. Where can I download the BookCreator 3.0. I have calibre but am unable to transfer the MS docs on to my Kindle.
tkufeldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 05:34 PM   #5
=X=
Wizard

BookCreator 3.0 is a word template, so you are downloading BookCreator, also I recommend you download the BookCreator_v3.0_NO-IMP.zip version.

There are two ways to use the template.

1) Create a new document using the template and import the file using the "Import ..." tool bar.
2) Open you existing Word Document and attach the template.

The 1 step is much easier to use.

=X=
Advert
Old 02-18-2010, 03:16 PM   #6
carma54
carma54 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300
Is there a mac snow leopard version?
carma54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 05:58 PM   #7
=X=
Wizard

BookCreator is nothing more than a template with Marcos. If MS Word implemented VBA for the Mac version then the answer is yes, but ultimate the answer is I don't know

=X=
Old 02-19-2010, 09:41 AM   #8
ascherjim
Addict
ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: BeBook One, PocketBook 360, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura One
I am really stupid. What the hell is IMP?
ascherjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 10:36 AM   #9
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
Look at this link in the Mobile read wiki for info.

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/IMP

In escence it's an ebook format used by the eBookwise and REB readers. Not that popular with modern ereaders.
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 10:40 AM   #10
ascherjim
Addict
ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: BeBook One, PocketBook 360, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyjack View Post
Look at this link in the Mobile read wiki for info.

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/IMP

In escence it's an ebook format used by the eBookwise and REB readers. Not that popular with modern ereaders.
Thanks. I should have remembered that.
ascherjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 07:40 AM   #11
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
BookCreator is nothing more than a template with Marcos. If MS Word implemented VBA for the Mac version then the answer is yes, but ultimate the answer is I don't know
Just for reference, they haven't implemented VBA in Mac Office 2008, but there are suggestions it might be back in Mac Office 2010!
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 10:18 PM   #12
johncarter
johncarter began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hello,

Thank you for posting your file.

I have a quick question, when I hit create (I picked all formats), and the destination is my desktop, I can't find the output files.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you very much for the help
johncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 05:09 PM   #13
=X=
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncarter View Post
Hello,

Thank you for posting your file.

I have a quick question, when I hit create (I picked all formats), and the destination is my desktop, I can't find the output files.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you very much for the help

For starts just work with one format, it's easier to trouble shoot that way.

Q: Do you have calibre installed?

Q" If yes, what path did you install it in?
The default path to calibre is "C:\Program Files\calibre2" If you installed it in a different path then you will need to update the path in BookCreator

To do this go to
<Create eBook> menu option
Select the tab "Calibre Settings" it's the last tab
Change the path to path where calbire is installed
Old 04-20-2010, 11:08 PM   #14
Themus
Zealot
Themus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nook
Bookcreator 3.0

Is there any documentation on how to use Bookcreator 3.0. I have to agree with the previous poster. No matter where I try to save the output file, nothing shows up.

I have even searched my computer for the filename and it isn't there. I beg forgiveness for my ignorance.
Themus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 12:42 PM   #15
=X=
Wizard

@Themus, No there is no tutorial, I've been wanting to make one, but still have not gotten around to making one.

If you are having the same problems as the previous poster can you anwser the same questions I asked the previous poster.

As to where the file is saved to, the output files are stored where you specify in the "Save To:" text field. (see attached image). If the files are not there then the build process did not work. The vast majority of the time it's caused to calibre not being setup correctly within BookCreator(BC). If you can confirm that calibre is installed and BC is pointing to calibre then the next step is to run the debug tool and post the content here.

=X=
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BC_saveto-dialogbox.jpg
Views:	700
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	50301