Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 11-25-2010, 07:20 AM   #136
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Regarding Battery:

This is what I've noticed with regards to the Nook battery on a softrooted 1.5

I've had my nook off the charger for about 25 hours now, used wi-fi, did alot of things with it to strain the battery. While usually my battery would be at about 65% by that time, it's sitting at 85% right now....so I consider that a pretty good increase in batter time.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 09:06 AM   #137
chas0039
Sceptic
chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: rooted Nooks, retired. JetBook Lite, Kindle 3, 4, Kobo Nia, Libra H2O.
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrist View Post
kindle can surf on web over 3g?
This is also what Amazon tech support says when I asked.
chas0039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2010, 09:12 AM   #138
spec
Zealot
spec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura about

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by chas0039 View Post
This is also what Amazon tech support says when I asked.
why would they advertise "Browse the web over Wi-Fi (experimental) " as k3 highlights then? source

anyways it would be nice to be able to browse web over 3g for free in nook. I think the competition will have to make it happen sooner or later
spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 02:27 PM   #139
ST-One
Addict
ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Icarus8, Kindle DXG
I put the nookdevs update on my nook this afternoon … good god, those are really fast page-turns now!!!
ST-One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 02:57 PM   #140
Kolfe
Enthusiast
Kolfe began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Does anybody know if the nook update 2.5.1 works on new hardware? Serial 1033XXX?

If that's the case, which is the best way to install it?
Kolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2010, 03:41 PM   #141
EmVee
EmVee began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by spec View Post
why would they advertise "Browse the web over Wi-Fi (experimental) " as k3 highlights then? source

anyways it would be nice to be able to browse web over 3g for free in nook. I think the competition will have to make it happen sooner or later
You silly goose, that's the Wi-Fi Kindle page.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003FSUDM4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindle 3G Amazon Page
New WebKit-Based Browser – Free 3G web browsing (experimental)
EmVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 04:05 PM   #142
larkahn
larkahn began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3/Galaxy A31 phone/Galaxy Tab S6 Lite tablet
Nook Books Not Listed in Calibre with 1.5 firmware upgrade

I have the latest version of Calibre and just upgraded the firmware on my Nook. There were no problems with the upgrade. However, now when I try to view the books on my device (the Nook)memory in Calibre, there are no books listed. I can, though view the books that are on the memory card in the Nook. Has anyone else experienced this problem?
larkahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 05:00 PM   #143
Reader2
intentionally left blank
Reader2 began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook (display damage) so 2nd: Nook still working; Sony hardly used;
Holy Me. Got a rooted nook and now just without notice (wifi & registred) the 1.5 nook firmware. First I #$%@ but after a while I found out I got both. Amazing, and it still seems to work. I mean filemanager, crossword, my own "get notes" app and the nookdev stuff, it all seems to work. Great.

Last edited by Reader2; 11-25-2010 at 05:02 PM.
Reader2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 01:26 AM   #144
ChupaLibro
Julio Angel Ortiz
ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
I am very happy with the 1.5 update. I never had an issue with the page turns before, but it's so much faster, that I now wonder how I managed before. I love the Shelves feature but hope to see it improved in the future, such as syncing shelves to my B&N account and improved functionality. I don't see why B&N doesn't just remove the distinction between store-bought content and "My Documents" and just have it all appear to the reader as one library? I'd love to see that.

One weird issue I ran into is if I created a shelf while in the B&N Library, it would be grayed out if I switched to My Documents and entered the mode to place / remove books from shelves; however, this did not happen when performed the other way around. Has anyone else seen this?
ChupaLibro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 01:29 AM   #145
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
[QUOTE=ChupaLibro;1236561I don't see why B&N doesn't just remove the distinction between store-bought content and "My Documents" and just have it all appear to the reader as one library? I'd love to see that.
[/QUOTE]

They want to differentiate and give you incentive to buy from their store than others, so they treat their books with preference and give those special treatment. I don't think we'll ever see that. I do wish that the would though as well.

But yeah, 1.5 is really great!! I did leave the nook in Wi-Fi mode and logged into a wi-fi network, and it drained in less than 24 hours, so I don't know how much they improved on the battery. I noticed a difference in Airplane mode though.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 01:59 AM   #146
ChupaLibro
Julio Angel Ortiz
ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
They want to differentiate and give you incentive to buy from their store than others, so they treat their books with preference and give those special treatment. I don't think we'll ever see that. I do wish that the would though as well.
Thank makes sense but sounds so typically corporate. Thanks for takign the time to respond.
ChupaLibro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 04:21 AM   #147
smafra
smafra began at the beginning.

Device: nook classic
This is an alternative location to Nook 1.5 softrooted (version 2.5.1): http://www.4shared.com/file/Au4NhGQ7...pdate-251.html
smafra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 04:51 AM   #148
ST-One
Addict
ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Icarus8, Kindle DXG
The update seems to have fixed the, so far, rather wobbly progress-bar... finally
ST-One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 06:04 AM   #149
Reptielll
Reptielll began at the beginning.

Device: B&N Nook
I have a Nook with the new hardware revision. Currently I am on the official B&N 1.5 FW. I also like to root, but then install the apps is wnat manually. Is it even possible to root a nook with this hardware firmware combination?

I found the guide on nookdevs to root new hardware, but i am not sure if it works with FW 1.5. Anybody has any experience here?
Reptielll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 06:57 AM   #150
Shades
Zealot
Shades ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shades ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shades ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shades ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shades ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shades ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shades ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shades ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shades ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shades ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shades ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: OnePlus 5T + @Voice, Nook 1st Ed.
Can someone tell me if I should update my nook? I am using a soft rooted 10039 serial nook, so it would be a great pain to redo the root (albeit I can do it, just lazy). Also, does this update block the soft root method that 1003's use to get rooted? (<- most important question right there).

Last edited by Shades; 11-26-2010 at 07:01 AM.
Shades is offline   Reply With Quote