Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 01-31-2015, 04:29 PM   #91
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Some covers of romance or erotica are too risky for public which is why ebooks are perfect. You wouldn't want to expose children to some of the covers. Having someone read over my shoulder now that would freak me out!
Reminds me of certain teachers standing behind me in school to see what I was really doing. Little did they know.

I don't read romances specifically anymore but enjoy a romantic twist in most fiction I read. I read a lot of books with lurid covers though. I don't read them because of the cover, but I don't let a cover put me off.

Back in the day, when I did read a lot of romance, and some mild erotica (by todays standard)even, I can't recall being embarrassed by the cover even when buying the books. And I did buy a lot of them once upon a time. Probably I was to dim to notice people looking at me oddly. Or maybe no one actually thought me depraved. Probably the former

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote