Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-12-2023, 02:11 PM   #1
Shp74
Shp74 began at the beginning.

Device: Libra 2 and Clara 21
sync to Kobo

Hello,

I have a libra 2 and Clara 2e. I would like to sync them together. Preferably automatically with books that were not purchased from the store. At least per calibre.
I would mainly like to synchronize the reading time to switch from one reader to another. Do you have any tips because I can't find them. Thank you in advance for your help.
Shp74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 03:43 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shp74 View Post
Hello,

I have a libra 2 and Clara 2e. I would like to sync them together. Preferably automatically with books that were not purchased from the store. At least per calibre.
I would mainly like to synchronize the reading time to switch from one reader to another. Do you have any tips because I can't find them. Thank you in advance for your help.
AFAIK you can do that with KOReader, but not in the built-in reader. Only books purchased from Kobo can be synced natively.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2023, 05:37 AM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
You can store & write reading status & position using Bookmarks option on Kobo Utilities on Calibre. It does far more than bookmarks. I was able to update a new Kobo with all the reading status & position from an older Kobo via Kobo Utilities. You need extra columns which it can create.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 06:23 AM   #4
rantanplan
Guru
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Tolino Shine Color, Tolino Vision 6, Kobo Clara 2E, Boox Note Air 2+
You can install https://kobli.me/login on both devices to keep them in sync.
rantanplan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 10:33 AM   #5
Shp74

Thanks for your answer.
Maybe I was not clear enough, I’m not fluent in English. I would like to keep them sync OTA/live to switch between it. Koreader don’t work well on Libra 2 and Clara 2e, maybe later but for the moment I look for other solutions.
For calibre, I use it but it’s not ota and need connexion with a computer.
I will try koblime but I think it work to save reading position on each tablet but not to keep them sync

Maybe there is no solution for that…
Advert
Old 01-16-2023, 03:25 AM   #6
rantanplan
Guru
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Tolino Shine Color, Tolino Vision 6, Kobo Clara 2E, Boox Note Air 2+
Quote:
I will try koblime but I think it work to save reading position on each tablet but not to keep them sync
You are wrong, it will sync reading position across all readers.
rantanplan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 05:46 AM   #7
Shp74

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantanplan View Post
Thanks for your answer. I directly asked to koblime creator’s on Reddit. He answer me that this function is on it’s roadmap but not working for the moment. So I wait and see.
Old 01-18-2023, 07:58 AM   #8
isarl
Addict
isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2
Quote:
Thanks for your answer. I directly asked to koblime creator’s on Reddit. He answer me that this function is on it’s roadmap but not working for the moment. So I wait and see.
Is it possible that you are confusing two different features? KOReader should have no problem synchronising the reading position but you have also mentioned reading statistics elsewhere in this thread and those are not the same thing. To my knowledge, KOReader synchronizes reading position (where to reopen a book; which page you left off reading), but not reading statistics (total number of hours read; Kobo achievements; etc.).

To my knowledge, the only way to copy reading statistics between devices is to copy the SQLite database files from one device to the other. I have never done that, and have no intention of ever doing it, so I cannot help you with more details.
isarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 09:10 AM   #9
Shp74

Quote:
Originally Posted by isarl View Post
Is it possible that you are confusing two different features? KOReader should have no problem synchronising the reading position but you have also mentioned reading statistics elsewhere in this thread and those are not the same thing. To my knowledge, KOReader synchronizes reading position (where to reopen a book; which page you left off reading), but not reading statistics (total number of hours read; Kobo achievements; etc.).

To my knowledge, the only way to copy reading statistics between devices is to copy the SQLite database files from one device to the other. I have never done that, and have no intention of ever doing it, so I cannot help you with more details.
No, I want to sync reading position between two different device to easily switch between. It’s look like it’s possible with koreader but it’s not stable on my two device (Libra 2 and Clara 2) so I try ton find a different way because I mostly use side loading book
Old 01-18-2023, 09:33 AM   #10
isarl
Addict
isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2
Oh, thank you for clarifying. I had forgotten that KOReader seems to have issues with the Clara 2e and Libra 2. Sorry about that.
isarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 05:46 AM   #11
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
Quote:
You can install https://kobli.me/login on both devices to keep them in sync.

Thanks for the link. I hadn’t heard of this project before. How compatible is it with Kobo’s own syncing?
Cootey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 01:55 PM   #12
kyrilson
Fanatic
kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Kobo Glo HD,iPad Pro, Sony 350 and T2
Quote:

This doesn’t work. I installed koblime on my Clara HD and Libra H20, added books from my google drive on the koblime site. The books get added fine but reading position does NOT sync between the two devices. I don’t know if I’ll keep using koblime as that is the main reason I installed it, to sync reading position between devices for sideloaded books.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kyrilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 05:24 AM   #13
MedioPollo30
MedioPollo30 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW SE
You can try http://www.ploter.io
Cloud sync across multiple devices. I've been using it for a while and it works great.
MedioPollo30 is offline   Reply With Quote