Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-04-2010, 04:02 AM   #1
jassalmithu
jassalmithu began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader Touch Edition (PRS-600)
Exclamation Sign when connected

I just bought a new PRS-600 today and charged it for 4 hours but still it can't connect to my system. See the attached image. I have connected it through USB cable and it charges fine. I can see 4 drive letters but can't access any of them. Please help me in figuring out what's wrong.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00011-20100404-0058.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	218.7 KB
ID:	49143  
jassalmithu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 05:04 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jassalmithu View Post
I just bought a new PRS-600 today and charged it for 4 hours but still it can't connect to my system. See the attached image. I have connected it through USB cable and it charges fine. I can see 4 drive letters but can't access any of them. Please help me in figuring out what's wrong.
Did you set a code to protect your device? I think Device Locked is saying your device is password protected or in this case protected by a 4 digit code.

I quoted the manual below.

Quote:
Setting item Description

Device Lock Locks the Reader by setting a password.
Click image for larger version

Name:	device_lock.png
Views:	305
Size:	2.3 KB
ID:	49144

On: The Reader is locked by the password.
Off (default setting): The Reader is not locked.
Code: To input a password, tap in the 4-digit number using the numeric keys.

Once the password is set, the next time you turn on the Reader, the screen asking for the password appears. To unlock it, input the password using the numeric keys, and then tap “OK.”

Notes
You are recommended to make a note of your password and keep it in a safe place separate from the Reader. If you forget your password, contact your Sony Support Center; however note that in unlocking your device, all content on it will be erased.
When the “Device Lock” setting is activated, the Reader will not be recognized by your computer. Make sure to deactivate the “Device Lock” setting before the USBconnection.

Look for information about the issue on one of the support Web sites.
For customers in the USA:
http://www.sony.com/readersupport
Phone number: 1-866-962-7669
For customers in Canada:
http://www.sony.ca/ElectronicsSupport/
Phone number: 1-877-899-7669
For customers in Europe:
http://support.sony-europe.com/eBook/PRS

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 04-04-2010 at 05:07 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2010, 05:34 AM   #3
jassalmithu
jassalmithu began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader Touch Edition (PRS-600)
Yeah that was it, thanks a lot.
jassalmithu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 02:59 PM   #4
PuneetOb
PuneetOb is on a distinguished road

Device: Kobo
Hi
I am also facing some similar problem.. Just got my PRS600 an hr back - connected it with PC - charged it, installed sony ereader installer, transfered many pdfs(fully loaded with pdfs) to it and disconnected it from PC.
Now, its showing EXCLAMATION SIGN (inside a hexagon) and "Restarting.." is written at the bottom end.
If i click on OPTIONS, the sub-menu appears underneath the EXCLAMATION MARK,,, if i click back on home, home appears underneath the EXCLAMATION MARK.
Its been more than 40 min....... any clue wats the problem?? Is it gone corrupt??
Thanks

Last edited by PuneetOb; 07-30-2010 at 03:05 PM.
PuneetOb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 01:09 PM   #5
PuneetOb
PuneetOb is on a distinguished road

Device: Kobo
Problem sorted. The issue was due to a very heavy scanned non-english pdf file loaded which created problem. AFter removing it, it worked out fine.
PuneetOb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2010, 07:59 PM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuneetOb View Post
Problem sorted. The issue was due to a very heavy scanned non-english pdf file loaded which created problem. AFter removing it, it worked out fine.
Thank for the update, this might help others in the future.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote