Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 07-02-2010, 04:04 AM   #151
iandix
Addict
iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.

Device: nook touch a Nook 3g (rooted) and a nookcolor (rooted)
@BooksOnBowser the next version of ADE is reported to have this DRM system included also Adobe has offered it to other ereader makers. When the next version of ADE comes out you will be able to move it from reader to reader.

I hate DRM, but if we must have it the B&N version is the best one. The DRM is locked into the epub file, rather than stored on a server somewhere, which limits the number of activations.
iandix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 05:28 PM   #152
BooksOnBowser
Enthusiast
BooksOnBowser knows what time it isBooksOnBowser knows what time it isBooksOnBowser knows what time it isBooksOnBowser knows what time it isBooksOnBowser knows what time it isBooksOnBowser knows what time it isBooksOnBowser knows what time it isBooksOnBowser knows what time it isBooksOnBowser knows what time it isBooksOnBowser knows what time it isBooksOnBowser knows what time it is

Device: Kobo Libra h2o
Hi Guys quick update

Called the Sales Audit Team today after another email saying they can't process order. Got through in about 20 seconds flat to a guy called Mike. He said we just wanted to make you aware that you can't download books outside of the US. I said I was aware of the copyright restrctions. He said no problem I'll release for shipping now.
BooksOnBowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2010, 04:47 AM   #153
BooksOnBowser
Enthusiast
BooksOnBowser knows what time it isBooksOnBowser knows what time it isBooksOnBowser knows what time it isBooksOnBowser knows what time it isBooksOnBowser knows what time it isBooksOnBowser knows what time it isBooksOnBowser knows what time it isBooksOnBowser knows what time it isBooksOnBowser knows what time it isBooksOnBowser knows what time it isBooksOnBowser knows what time it is

Got the email from USUnlocked today. The P&P to the UK is $62.80, this may be slightly higher than a nook on it's own as I ordered a cover and a light at the same time.

So, so far I'm in for $207.80 for the nook and accessories plus $62.80 for the shipping. Just got to see what VAT and Duty are added.
Old 07-17-2010, 05:31 PM   #154
BooksOnBowser
Enthusiast

Well my Nook finally arrived yesterday via UPS. The VAT & Duty came to £33.19 (£11 of which was UPS's handling charge)

I was pleased that all of my purchases from B&N came straight down the wire.
I am going to post a fuller comparison in the Which one should I buy? forum
Old 07-20-2010, 04:49 PM   #155
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Hey, can someone who has a nook abroad with 1.4 firmware installed confirm that the nook can be (re)registered to a B&N account from outside the US?
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2010, 06:35 PM   #156
cotouch
cotouch began at the beginning.

Device: none
does anyone has comparisson between US Unlocked and Borderlinx?
at calculater Borderlinx seems to be half cheaper to Czech Republic (4O USD comparet to more than 80 USD)
but this might be only a theory :-)
cotouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 01:39 AM   #157
afa
The Forgotten
afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite; Nook HD; Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman View Post
Hey, can someone who has a nook abroad with 1.4 firmware installed confirm that the nook can be (re)registered to a B&N account from outside the US?
I don't know what the procedure is for re-registering. But I assume it shouldn't really make a difference so, to answer your question, yes, you can register from outside US.
afa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 10:41 AM   #158
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by afa View Post
I don't know what the procedure is for re-registering. But I assume it shouldn't really make a difference so, to answer your question, yes, you can register from outside US.
Thanks heaps.

The process for reregistering is just to deregister it then register it again...
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 11:50 AM   #159
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by cotouch View Post
does anyone has comparisson between US Unlocked and Borderlinx?
at calculater Borderlinx seems to be half cheaper to Czech Republic (4O USD comparet to more than 80 USD)
but this might be only a theory :-)
I paid $46 at Borderlinx for shipping a Nook and a cover to the Netherlands.
I have used Borderlinx several times. There shipping cost is usually very good (lower than other websites).
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 05:54 PM   #160
doc_oli
doc_oli began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-700, Nook Classic, Nook Color & Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman View Post
I bought my nook in the US but I live in Germany and I did the update to 1.4 from here a few days after it was available. No problems so far. Receiving subscribed periodicals and buying books or downloading free books from B&N (using Free Hide IP) works without any problems.

Cheers,
Oliver
doc_oli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:25 AM   #161
hircus
hircus began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia N810
Recently released Android app still US-only

... either that, or it's limited to firmware revisions 2.1 and below. In Germany, with Android 2.2, it does not appear in the Market at all
hircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 07:28 AM   #162
LorenzL
LorenzL began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Hi guys, just wanted to let you know that I bought a new Nook via ebay, shipping to Austria. They registered it with a value of 89$, I had to pay 22€ import tax. Including shipping, I paid around 210€ and I think it's quite a good price overall. I had no problems registering the nook, but obviously can't buy books from the store.
LorenzL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 09:21 AM   #163
Zyzomys
Hooked on Phonics
Zyzomys began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Instead of jumping through hoops trying to get a Nook delivered to me in Canada, I ordered the new $139 Kindle. I think B&N really has to start looking at serving the global market and making things easier for international readers/buyers.
Zyzomys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 05:25 PM   #164
BooksOnBowser
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyzomys View Post
Instead of jumping through hoops trying to get a Nook delivered to me in Canada, I ordered the new $139 Kindle. I think B&N really has to start looking at serving the global market and making things easier for international readers/buyers.
I ordered the UK version for £109 (approx $155). I already have a Sony & A Nook but hell it's a hundred quid!
Old 08-01-2010, 02:41 AM   #165
firefox
MR Gen Z Representative
firefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enough

Device: Barnes & Noble NOOKclassic
With regards to B&N's ban on non-US billing addresses when buying eBooks:

Has anyone else used a random US address for the billing address? I'm slightly uncomfortable that they may send an invoice or the like to that billing address with sensitive credit card/PayPal information which could be used for fraud.

Could someone elaborate?
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
b&n, barnes and noble, international, nook, overseas