Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 10-12-2004, 02:50 AM   #1
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
15mins+ interview with Tad Williams

Otherland and Flowerwar author Tad Williams is interviewed on the Frankfurt book fair and you can watch the entire interview here:

rtsp://Kermit.sda.t-online.de/3sat/kuz/kuz_041007_bmf04_williams.rm (Real Video)
Colin Dunstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 07:45 AM   #2
Team7
Zealot
Team7 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Team7 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Team7 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Toshiba e755,Samsung i730
hey sorry morph but can you give more info on how to get to that link. I just copied and pasted it into my address bar but it didnt work. Sorry Im not too computer smart.
Team7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2004, 08:14 AM   #3
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No biggie. You must have the Real Player installed, or another compatible player, such as Real Alternative 1.27 (available here).
Old 10-12-2004, 11:33 AM   #4
Team7
Zealot
Team7 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Team7 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Team7 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

ok so i downloaded that realplayer so how do I watch that file. or where do I download the file? sorry
Old 10-12-2004, 11:45 AM   #5
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!

I am not using Realplayer myself so I cannot tell you exactly. But you should be able to open the url within Realplayer, perhaps from the menu "File" -> "Open" ?
Advert
Old 10-12-2004, 01:22 PM   #6
Team7
Zealot

got it buddy thanks.
Old 10-12-2004, 01:51 PM   #7
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I'm showing my ignorance here, but that's the first time I've noticed anything difference than http:// or ftp: in a URL.

Is rtsp:// just Real Player content? Are there other types of URLs also?
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 02:33 AM   #8
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Yep, rtsp:// is the Real Player protocol. Likewise, mms:// is the Microsoft Media Server protocol. Both are used for streaming video/audio content.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 07:22 AM   #9
Team7
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobR
I'm showing my ignorance here, but that's the first time I've noticed anything difference than http:// or ftp: in a URL.

Is rtsp:// just Real Player content? Are there other types of URLs also?
Join the crowd
Old 10-13-2004, 01:09 PM   #10
ignatz
mechanoholic
ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR/iPhone 4S/EVO 4G
RealPlayer is very invasive. A good free alternative is JetAudio, which can also play RealMedia files.
ignatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 04:15 AM   #11
Team7
Zealot

Thanks so much for posting it. I just got finished watching it. Tad Williams being my favorite author, it was really cool to see that. I just wish there wasnt like a 5 min talk about politics. I didnt know he was so into that. I dont like when people try to dig out a deeper meaning of a book. I like to read a book for face value. But it was really cool to see that. If you know about anything else like that about Tad please post it.
Old 10-14-2004, 05:43 AM   #12
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
I agree with you that Williams is a wonderful storyteller. I think the reason why Tad talked about politics in this interview is because his latest novel, The War of the Flowers, has a very interesting event (the bombardier dragon attack) that uncomfortably parallels the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001. Williams notes this in a short forward, explaining that it is his hope that the reader does not infer that he inserted this section after the fact to somehow capitalize on the tragedy of that day.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 07:32 AM   #13
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!

ANOTHER Interview with Tad in Germany:
http://wstreaming.zdf.de/zdf/56/0410...4_williams.asx (Microsoft Windows Media) - interview in English

And here are some more pictures of Williams from his tour in Germany:
http://www.shadowmarch.net/lesung_bilder.htm

Finally, some first reviews of his upcoming fantasy novel Shadowmarch (comes out on November 2, 2004):
http://www.shadowmarch.net/rezensionen.htm

Enjoy
Old 10-17-2004, 07:19 AM   #14
Team7
Zealot

Cool Ill have to check those out. I already read his war of flowers and didnt like it as much as his other books. I think I was expecting too much but after seeing that interview I looked at it in a different light. Thanks for the links morph. Ill definately check them out. I already read about half of the shadowmarch book back when you could subscribe to it over the net. I still have all the chapters on my computer. So if anyone buys the book and wants them then let me know. Back when the site was still running he said that the book and the book on the site were going to be different so people would be encouraged to buy the book eventhough they already read it on the site.