Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-03-2013, 05:58 AM   #31
librista
librista can name that song in three noteslibrista can name that song in three noteslibrista can name that song in three noteslibrista can name that song in three noteslibrista can name that song in three noteslibrista can name that song in three noteslibrista can name that song in three noteslibrista can name that song in three noteslibrista can name that song in three noteslibrista can name that song in three noteslibrista can name that song in three notes

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T3
I uploaded a vídeo of the new Sony Reader here:

http://librista.es/sony/reader-prs-t3/
librista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:17 AM   #32
samy2
Ebook-Fan
samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS T1
Video does not work, youtube say its privat...
samy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2013, 06:39 AM   #33
librista
librista can name that song in three noteslibrista can name that song in three noteslibrista can name that song in three noteslibrista can name that song in three noteslibrista can name that song in three noteslibrista can name that song in three noteslibrista can name that song in three noteslibrista can name that song in three noteslibrista can name that song in three noteslibrista can name that song in three noteslibrista can name that song in three notes

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by samy2 View Post
Video does not work, youtube say its privat...
epic fail. fixed. thanks for the advise.
librista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:05 AM   #34
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by librista View Post
I uploaded a vídeo of the new Sony Reader here:

http://librista.es/sony/reader-prs-t3/

What do you think about the firmware? Is it an improvement over the T2?
doctorow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:27 AM   #35
pik16
pik16 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Is the PRS-T3 also available without this cover, only with the plastic backcover?
pik16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2013, 07:34 AM   #36
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by librista View Post
Hi,

I'm the administrator of Librista.es and i have the PRS-T3 just right here. If you have any questions about the device, please ask. I 'll try to answer as soon as i can. Thanks.

(and sorry for my bad english, i'm from spain and don't speak english very well)
How about a photo of the rear without the cover?
(Que tal una foto de la parte trasera del lector sin la tapa?)

Gracias de antemano.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:36 AM   #37
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Sony really does not know how to read a room, do they? Are they trying to lose the e-book war? If so they are doing a bang up job.

I cannot see anyone who does not already own an e-reader buying a Sony. It has nothing on it that is innovative, it is not competitivly priced, and it has a crap book store.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:42 AM   #38
samy2
Ebook-Fan
samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
I cannot see anyone who does not already own an e-reader buying a Sony. It has nothing on it that is innovative, it is not competitivly priced, and it has a crap book store.
The weight is very good. There is 200 grams with cover, 160 Grams without cover that is gorgeous. And there still the best dictionaries and - thats important - the best dictionaries integration of every reader on the market.
Old 09-03-2013, 07:45 AM   #39
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Sony really does not know how to read a room, do they?
Market research is not in their DNA.
They were the last to adopt WiFi and they look to be the last to do frontlighting.

But, hey, the T3 has "SONY" stenciled on it: that alone is worth €50.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:08 AM   #40
Lyn2012
Addict
Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPhone 8, iPad Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by samy2 View Post
And there still the best dictionaries and - thats important - the best dictionaries integration of every reader on the market.
Important to you, and yes probably to others as well, but not to everybody. I very rarely use the dictionary - and when I do, at least 50% of the time the word isn't there, (current reader Paperwhite with Oxford English dictionary). Hence dictionary integration comes very low on my personal list of priorities.
Lyn2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:25 AM   #41
alvina
Connoisseur
alvina is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.alvina is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.alvina is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.alvina is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.alvina is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.alvina is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.alvina is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.alvina is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.alvina is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.alvina is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.alvina is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
That's so awesome, thanks a lot for the article and the video!

According to the Google translation of the article there will be two versions of the T3, one with lighted cover and one with the normal cover that you can see in the video. At least that's what I understood ("...y también se venderá con la rumoreada funda con iluminación").

I feared that the Micro SD slot might be on a less secure place now, I thought it might be where the USB slot is. But the back is a perfect place to store the Micro SD card. It's really save there. I like this idea.

The cover with light for the T1 is a bit difficult to use when you are holding your Reader in the left hand while writing something with the right hand. But with this new solution it seems that the Reader is good to use with both hands.

The T3 will be a real "paperlight", since it's so light and easy to hold. 200 Grams with case, that's great. I still don't understand how the lighted cover is going to work but that is not that important, we'll see that in the next days.

Yes the Sony a bit more expensive but it's not subsidised by a shop that will spam you to death with their stuff. Yes there's no real reason to buy this device if you already have a Sony T1 or a Sony T2. But Sony produces great Reader that last for at least three years. So don't blame Sony that the Sony T1 you bought in 2011 is still one of the best Reader available. Use it and be happy about that.

Thanks again for the nice video! So helpful for me and my kids!
alvina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:46 AM   #42
Lbooker
Addict
Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It has the "ClarityScreen" like the new Kobo Aura. But it does not work as well as I hoped : it flashes more gently when turning pages, but it is nowhere as smooth as going into the 1-bit black and white mode on my PRS-T1. At least it is a step in the right direction, as can be seen in that video comparison between the Aura and the Aura HD :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMu1PY1NDCw
But clearly, I prefer my PRS-T1 the way I use it.

Last edited by Lbooker; 09-03-2013 at 09:39 AM.
Lbooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:51 AM   #43
Lyn2012
Addict
Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPhone 8, iPad Pro
Librista - thank you so much for the excellent video, and for being here to answer questions.

After watching the video, I do like the T3 but am rather concerned about the screen contrast. Obviously, without being front lit, the whites won't be white, but the black text appeared a mid grey, not black at all.

Another point is that having the integrated cover means that the outside and corners of the reader aren't protected if the reader should be dropped. Whereas if one of the molded ultra slim covers that are around at the moment were used, the whole reader would be protected.

For me however, contrast is of primary importance, so while I look forward to seeing the T3 myself, I doubt I will be buying.
Lyn2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:11 AM   #44
alvina
Connoisseur
alvina is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.alvina is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.alvina is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.alvina is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.alvina is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.alvina is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.alvina is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.alvina is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.alvina is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.alvina is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.alvina is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.

After seeing the video for a second time or so I've an open question, too.

I use the display of the book cover of the book I'm currently reading while the Reader is in sleep mode to distinguish my different Readers.

That's because I read some books at once with different Readers. If the Reader wakes up the moment I open the cover, the display of the book cover doesn't make sense at all since I won't see it. I'd prefer to see the book cover for, let's say, two or three seconds untill the Reader gets activated.

I've been thinking about the fact that the the outside and corners of the T3 won't be protected much with this new cover system, too. But this are questions you really care about if it's your first Sony Reader. When you have two or three you don't care that much about it anymore, you just put the Reader into your pocket and if something happens you still have a backup. Keep in mind that, although this is the most expensive 6' Digital Reading Device now, this devices are cheap in general. If the T3 would be your first Sony Reader maybe you should take a Kobo Mini for 40 Euros as a second Reader for outside use to feel safer about your Sony.
alvina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:27 AM   #45
samy2
Ebook-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbooker View Post
On the video we clearly see that the PRS-T3 also lacks E-Ink's new flash-less screen technology called "ClarityScreen", which you can find in the new Kobo Aura.
Thats wrong. Sony Reader PRS T3 has this feature:
http://allesebook.de/wp-content/gall...la-foto-10.jpg

Its called "Advanced Propriety Page Refresh Technology".

Look at the video (1:30 m). Change of size or font take a flash, but normal page turn not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOCVDgji9uY&t=1m30s

Last edited by samy2; 09-03-2013 at 09:32 AM.