Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-26-2011, 04:27 PM   #1
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
$60 7-inch "HD" multimedia E-Reader from Hip Street (Groupon)

I don't know what this is, but it came up in my inbox. Anybody heard of this product?

http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-e-re...p=3&c=deal_img

ETA: that's not a referral link, by the way.

Last edited by seajewel; 10-26-2011 at 04:31 PM.
seajewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 04:40 PM   #2
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
I've seen these before. They're not EXTREMELY terrible, but not too great.

I think you might be able to salvage one by rooting and running some Android stuff on it, but I'm not too sure.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2011, 05:47 PM   #3
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
According to specs I found with Google, the resolution is 800x480, which is lower than what most ereaders have (800x600). If that's true then this reader is a bad joke or rather, you get what you pay for...
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 06:03 PM   #4
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
Yeah you're right. Reviews are mostly unenthusiastic. It is pretty cheap though, but I wouldn't buy it. As you say, you get what you pay for in this instance at least.
seajewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:44 PM   #5
Jim the Obscure
Jim the Obscure
Jim the Obscure doesn't litterJim the Obscure doesn't litter

Device: none (Calibre)
See my reply to spindlegirl at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ght=hip+street - I bought a Hip Street HS-M701-4GB a few days ago and it has met my needs - I paid $40.00 for it and, at that price, I think I got a fairly good deal - doesn't have WiFi but I prefer it that way.
Jim the Obscure is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert