Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-11-2011, 09:24 AM   #1
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Exclamation Good hardcase...

Is it my imagination, but is this not a decent looking piece of kit for the T1 - and at a very reasonable price ?
From Ultimate Mobiles.......

"UltimateAddons EVA Hard Travel Case for Sony Reader WIfi PRS T1
CODE : QF2296-1211
UltimateAddons EVA hard armor case for Sony Reader WIfi PRS T1 will protect your Sony Reader WIfi PRS T1 while you travel with this tough EVA case. This Sony Reader WIfi PRS T1 EVA case has a stylish design and finished in matt black.
More Info
£11.99inc VATUnited Kingdom
$19.06Ex VAT United States
€14.03Inc VATEuropean Union"

Antone tried one yet ?

OOPS - just found they do one for all x50's as well. - and a lot of other readers.
Very interesting....

Last edited by carpetmojo; 11-11-2011 at 09:26 AM.
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 11:19 PM   #2
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Looking at the picture here, it looks to be a travel case, not a reading case. I'm pretty sure I will lose a separate case pretty quickly.
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2011, 04:33 AM   #3
Ashjuk
Fanatic
Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Sony PRS 600/650
As pholy has pointed out this looks to be a travel case designed to protect your reader whilst in transit. I feel you would soon get tired of having to take it out of the case every time you wanted a quick read.

But for travelling it does seem a good option to protect the screen from accidental knocks.
Ashjuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 05:15 AM   #4
thomasn75
Groupie
thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o v2, kobo Aura, sony prs t1
hi

i have had the same question. check this amazon review.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/UltimateAddo...1178923&sr=8-3

in the end i got this one but it has not arrived yet and i wonder if it is to soft as i need to carry reader in my work bag.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Navitech-Gen...1178923&sr=8-1

thomas
thomasn75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 05:19 AM   #5
KellyAnne
Writing Enthusiast
KellyAnne began at the beginning.

Device: Sony, iPad 2
Thanks for the info on this
KellyAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2011, 01:41 PM   #6
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I wasn't thinking it was a "reading" case, but exactly it's purpose, I'd've thought - protestion in transit.
I think it looks the ideal one for you thomas - I'm going to get one for just that purpose.
Old 11-14-2011, 01:41 PM   #7
carpetmojo
Wizard

I wasn't thinking it was a "reading" case, but exactly it's purpose, I'd've thought - protection in transit.
I think it looks the ideal one for you thomas - I'm going to get one for just that purpose.
Old 11-14-2011, 01:47 PM   #8
carpetmojo
Wizard

Thomas - just checked yuor links out - the napa one will be pretty good, I'd think, and a good price. And I reckon the other is the one I found - but cheaper !
There's ones for all x50s as well, all cheap. Very good buys....
The lighted covers I have were £45, but they do have the light of course ( and are Sony = expensive !!.)
Old 11-14-2011, 02:16 PM   #9
gardenstate
Groupie
gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 and PRS-950
For owners of the Sony T1 and other PRS Models, there is a new line of hardshell cases from BookArmor. I have a similar product (previous version Delta 6) that is incredibly strong, moderate in weight, and easy to hold/use for my PRS-950. It is a great case but is premium priced.

The seller is based in Colorado but I believe ships to the USA and Europe.

http://www.extremeinkjet.com/BASST1_p/basst1.htm

Last edited by gardenstate; 11-14-2011 at 02:20 PM.
gardenstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 04:12 PM   #10
thomasn75
Groupie
thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o v2, kobo Aura, sony prs t1
i agree with you carpetmojo - i have not received the case yet but will let you know. i like the idea of the hard case and may have to get one as well if this one doesnt work/protect enough.
gardenstate link looks good as well and selling them on amazon uk for £25.

thomas
thomasn75 is offline   Reply With Quote