Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-19-2011, 05:05 PM   #1
weblamer
weblamer began at the beginning.

Device: ebookwise
'Jump to page'

Is there any sort of 'jump to page' function and/or trick to move it forward instead of one page at a time?

Accidentally reset the book I was reading, and now I am not looking forward to pressing the button 500 times to get back to where I was reading. (Big book)
weblamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 05:16 PM   #2
baronrus
Addict
baronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with others

Device: KO, KW, and KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by weblamer View Post
Is there any sort of 'jump to page' function and/or trick to move it forward instead of one page at a time?

Accidentally reset the book I was reading, and now I am not looking forward to pressing the button 500 times to get back to where I was reading. (Big book)

Use the table of contents function to get you to a chapeter that is closer to where you were and then page in until you are at your page.

There is currently no 'go to' functions for specific page numbers on the KOBO.

But I think you are joining the ranks of us who would like to see that implimented

HINT HINT KOBO>>>
baronrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2011, 05:18 PM   #3
weblamer
weblamer began at the beginning.

Device: ebookwise
Alas, this was a pdf i turned into an epub in calibri. Its all one big chapter.

It would not be so bad if i could just hold down the button and it would flip through the pages....

oh well.

(click...click...click)
weblamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 05:42 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
So install Sigil and edit the ePub to break it up
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 06:51 PM   #5
Anthem
Guru
Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, OnePlus Nord
Yes, this would be an feature that is obviously missing from the Kobo (I don't mean obvious to you as in you should have known about this not being there, but obvious as in "What the hell?" after you look for it).

Kobo and "pages" (how traditional!) are not good bed-fellows and we all pray for their eventual reconciliation (or entire dissolution depending on how long it takes).
Anthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2011, 07:35 PM   #6
masona8
Enthusiast
masona8 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo, Kindle DX graphite, Kindle 3
I don't know why they have not done it before!! Is it that difficult to program, after all it tells you how many pages in the book when you open it.

Soooo many have asked for it but I just cannot understand why they have not implemented it
masona8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 02:58 PM   #7
Anthem
Guru
Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

How do Canadians read books?

The rest of the world wants to go to specific pages!

(Couldn't resist)
Old 01-20-2011, 04:25 PM   #8
fred_yu_job
Connoisseur
fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.

Device: kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
How do Canadians read books?

The rest of the world wants to go to specific pages!

(Couldn't resist)
We Canadians read books in a way like we do anything else: straight forward, never turn, never jump... lol
fred_yu_job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 06:35 PM   #9
Anthem
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred_yu_job View Post
We Canadians read books in a way like we do anything else: straight forward, never turn, never jump... lol

It all makes sense now!
Old 01-21-2011, 12:48 AM   #10
J. Strnad
Guru
J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo, Kindle 3, Paperwhite
This is #1 on my most wanted feature list for the Kobo.
J. Strnad is offline   Reply With Quote