Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-12-2010, 05:17 AM   #1
cyrus
cyrus began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Prs 350 qns

I sold my prs 300 for a decent price last week and decided to treat myself to one of the new readers, i flirted with the idea of a kindle, but for me it was just too big as i do a lot of my reading commuting to work and i wanted something pocketable.

In ireland the rrp of the 350 is 199.99 euro and the 650 is 249.99, for the sake of an extra 50 i had pretty much decided to go with the larger screen despite that fact i had been happy with the 300. however when i got to the store the 350 was on special at 159.99 so that mate my mind up for me!

im now the proud owner of a 350, im waiting on the official leather case to come into stock, for now im using the official sleeve from the 300.

anyway i just have a few questions, is it possible to get the reader to show the time while reading a book?

also, how do you select a work for look up in the dictionary? can it be done without the stylus?

i have very good vision so im using the reader with the xs small font size and i have to say i dont regret getting the 350 over the 650, i believe the xs is smaller than the s on the 300 so i have plenty of text per page.

anyone torn between the 2, if you can read at xs or s, go with the 350
cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 06:01 AM   #2
viviena
Evangelist
viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Currently Kobo Clara HD and Aura One, iPad
Oho, I love the 350 and don't regret getting it.

1) You can press the Options button and the time will show up in the status bar at the bottom. There's no way to have the time permanently displayed in the status whilst reading a book though.

2) Use the stylus or your finger to double-tap a word while reading. That's all.

Last edited by viviena; 10-12-2010 at 06:29 AM. Reason: silly me
viviena is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2010, 06:20 AM   #3
cyrus

super

thanks
Old 10-12-2010, 07:47 AM   #4
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, Cyrus. Happy commuting and best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 02:22 PM   #5
TotallyEpic
Enthusiast
TotallyEpic began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 3G + Wifi
Holy crap, what store was that? I'm in Ireland too.
TotallyEpic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2010, 03:33 PM   #6
Romiman
Connoisseur
Romiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by viviena View Post
... press the Options button and the time will show up in the status bar at the bottom...
Yes, but only for a few seconds! After that the page number will be shown.

(At least at mine)
Romiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 04:05 AM   #7
cyrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyEpic View Post
Holy crap, what store was that? I'm in Ireland too.
sony store on merrion row in dublin 2 (just down from the shelbourne hotel)