Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-03-2012, 08:06 PM   #31
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
A kindle freebie in June, it's back again...

Cafe du Jour [Kindle Edition] Lilian Darcy (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/Cafe-du-Jour-e...54606011_f_100

Quote:
This is a real book-of-the-heart for me, and I'm delighted that it has found a new life with Kindle, after going out of print in the original paperback edition. For anyone familiar with my other books, this one is going to be a little different. It's more bitter-sweet, and less centrally focused on the romance. But there most definitely is a romance, and there's the focus on family bonds and family challenges that my books always contain. There's also a lot of coffee, so you may want to have a cappuccino or a latte or an espresso close at hand, while you're reading.

About the Author
Best-selling women's fiction author Lilian Darcy has written nearly eighty novels for Harlequin Medical Romance, Silhouette Romance and Special Edition, as well as having written for Australian theatre and television under another name.

Lilian's career highlights include numerous appearances on the Waldenbooks series romance bestsellers list, four nominations for the Romance Writers of America's prestigious RITA™ Award, and translation into twenty different languages.

To contact Lilian or find out more about her and her books, visit liliandarcy.com
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:18 PM   #32
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookratt View Post
A kindle freebie in June, it's back again...

Cafe du Jour [Kindle Edition] Lilian Darcy (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/Cafe-du-Jour-e...54606011_f_100
Looks really good. I wasn't paying much attention in June as I didn't have a Kindle then, and this looks like a fun read. Thanks!
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2012, 10:33 PM   #33
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
It doesn't look like Avon is doing their keyword sale this month but Sandra Hill books are marked down to $4.99 ($4.74 @ AZ) which is too high for me to post as a bargain. I would look at BOB for better prices.

They do have two worth mentioning.

$0.99

What I Did For A Duke by Julie Ann Long.

How Miss Rutherford Got Her Groove Back by Sophie Barnes

Last edited by Blossom; 10-03-2012 at 10:37 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:37 PM   #34
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Has anyone read this? I have to admit, that title makes me doubt how well the author writes "historical" romance.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:48 PM   #35
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
Has anyone read this? I have to admit, that title makes me doubt how well the author writes "historical" romance.
It doesn't have very many good reviews. I just read Julia Quinn endorsed it so I imagine it's similar to her writing style.

Ah over at GR it says the negative reviews are from an attack on the author. So I guess check out what GR reviews says about it before making a decision.

Last edited by Blossom; 10-03-2012 at 10:52 PM.
Advert
Old 10-04-2012, 12:28 AM   #36
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
DANL Members!

We’re starting our Halloween Celebration early! Take an extra 30% off any Lydia Dare book. Use Coupon Code: DARE at checkout. Hurry, because this offer expires October 10, 2012. (Look for more scary savings next week, too!)
I highly recommend her books if you like historical and paranormal romances mixed together. Werewolves, regency and vampires oh my!
Old 10-04-2012, 01:05 AM   #37
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
It doesn't look like Avon is doing their keyword sale this month but Sandra Hill books are marked down to $4.99 ($4.74 @ AZ) which is too high for me to post as a bargain. I would look at BOB for better prices.
Okay I wound up buying four of her books at BOB at $3.39 a piece. If you use Google Checkout you get an additional 10% off but I use Paypal because hubby is paying for it. You see he went out and got a new 40" Flat-screen so I don't feel the least bit guilty about it.

I picked up her Time Swept Titles. (Non Viking)

Frankly, My Dear, Sweeter Savage Love, Desperado and Love Me Tender.

It's been years since I read one of her books so if I am in the mood for some comic relief I now have something to read. Needless to say Ms. Hill is not for the serious historical purist. Almost all her books involved time travel of some sort.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:57 AM   #38
Tattncat
Bookworm
Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab3, Sony PRS700, Sony PRS505
Darn! Already got them all.
Tattncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:24 PM   #39
vulcan_girl
Groupie
vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vulcan_girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 350
Quote:

They do have two worth mentioning.

$0.99

What I Did For A Duke by Julie Ann Long.
This book is the Book Club read at Smart Bitches, and if you shop at AllRomance ebooks, you can get a rebate of 50 cents with the code STBARE through Oct 15.
vulcan_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:42 PM   #40
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

FREE:

Returning Home by Karen Whiddon
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Former Publisher: Zebra Precious Gems (1998)

Quote:
Previously published by Kensington Precious Gems

Hope Glidewell left the bright lights of Dallas to come home to the small, west Texas town where she grew up... and to come back to the only man she ever wanted. Jeff Riggs was her high school sweetheart. He'd given her her first kiss and promised to love her for all eternity.

Jeff has never forgotten the tender passion they once shared - or their ngihts together under the infinite stars. The secret that separated them put an end to their long-ago dreams and he's older and wiser now. But Jeff has a strong feeling that Hope is the only woman for him, now and forever.
Old 10-05-2012, 02:57 PM   #41
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Repeat/return freebie: Homespun Bride by Jillian Hart
new edition/ASIN at Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008NBWMWM/

(still free elsewhere, but seems to be older edition; no clue what may have changed in formatting on Kindle).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:02 PM   #42
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

On sale for $1.99

Rock Chick by Kristen Ashely
Series Rock Chick 01
Genre: Romantic Suspense

If you haven't tried KA this is one of the books I recommend to give it a go with. Indy and Lee grew up together. So this is a childhood friends to lover story. Lee is one of my all time favorite heroes. This first book has a very Stephanie Plum likeness to it. As the series progressed it turns more into a romance suspense type stories. Can I compare Lee to Ranger in some way yes but Lee's more of the boy next door turn bad boy. I love Lee and in future books he proves himself time and time again as he helps his friends out. Indy the heroine is a Wild Child so Lee has his hands full trying to keep her safe! I admit I laughed alot reading this. It doesn't reach Plum ridiculousness but it has it LOL moments.
Old 10-06-2012, 12:21 PM   #43
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
Free at Amazon:

Always Devoted US DE by Karen Rose Smith. This seems to be e-published, but the author has written numerous novels for Harlequin and Silhouette.

Quote:
Single mom, Emma Henderson's worry about her missing sister threatens to overshadow her life. Media mogul Linc Granger offers Emma help, first by airing a nation-wide interview and then... By suggesting Emma consult with his friend Gillian Bradley who has a "gift" for finding missing persons.
As Emma and Linc walk the beach and she considers his unorthodox suggestion, Emma realizes she feels a sizzle of attraction to this man that she never felt with another--not even her late husband. Linc Granger is out of her league in so many ways. Yet her four-year-old daughter Becky believes he's her new best friend!
Emma and Linc's chemistry is impossible to deny as they consult with Gillian and follow leads to find Paige. What happens when their attraction explodes and they do find answers? Will Emma be able to leave the past behind to find a future with Linc?
Touch Me in the Dark US DE by Jacqueline Diamond. The author has written both historicals and contemporaries for Harlequin.

Quote:
An angry ghost, a brooding ex-cop and a mysterious beauty…

In this paranormal mystery, injured ex-cop Ian Fanning is obsessed with painting the woman his grandfather murdered. Then he meets his new neighbor down the hall: Sharon Mahoney, who bears an uncanny resemblance to the dead woman. Strange events focus on Sharon, a teacher with a seven-year-old son. An old murder case seems to be playing out with new twists involving the Victorian home’s other occupants and the spirit of Ian’s grandfather, who may have deadly unfinished business. Can Ian save her, or is he himself becoming the threat?
The Elusive Earl US DE by Anne Herries, a Mills & Boon / Harlequin historical author.

Quote:
The elusive Earl is a Regency story about two young girls who make a wish to the lady of the well. Merry makes a wish for her friend Annabelle, but when she goes to London to stay with her aunt she meets the Earl of Sutherland. He has a habit of slipping away to a quiet room to avoid his godmother's attempts to find him a wife and Merry is sent to find the lady's shawl in the library...
eReaderIQ also mentions Silver Storm US DE by Cynthia Wright, but that doesn't appear to be free right now. I'm adding the links anyway.

And hey, it's free at Smashwords.

Quote:
Dashing and dangerous Andre Raveneau is the Revolutionary War’s most reckless privateer captain when Devon Lindsay stows away aboard his ship after her Connecticut town has been burned by the British. Raveneau sardonically agrees to deliver her to her childhood sweetheart in Virginia but doesn’t count on his own potent attraction to the enchanting, courageous Devon.
Britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:51 PM   #44
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britomart View Post
eReaderIQ also mentions Silver Storm US DE by Cynthia Wright, but that doesn't appear to be free right now. I'm adding the links anyway.

And hey, it's free at Smashwords.
Free at US Amazon
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:14 PM   #45
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Quote:
On sale for $1.99

Rock Chick by Kristen Ashely
Series Rock Chick 01
Genre: Romantic Suspense
I did finally decide to give this series a try after reading a description on a blog and finally realizing that it is in fact NOT about about a bunch of rock band groupies.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote