Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-07-2008, 01:11 PM   #16
MishaS
Connoisseur
MishaS is on a distinguished road

Device: Nokia N810/Nokia E51
Are they supporting 3rd party software developers?
MishaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 01:26 PM   #17
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Is some type of mobile phone/data plan required? Or can it be used simply as a portable reader?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 01:33 PM   #18
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
How expandable/upgradeable will it be?

JJ
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 02:36 PM   #19
M0zza
Geek... Apparently
M0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Silver), ASUS Transformer TF300T, IPAD Air 2
I think the main things are:

1. What formats will they cover?

2. Will there be an SDK for further, user development?

3. Will it be for specific phone providers (ala iPhone)? I don't want to be anchored into a bad network.

4. Will there be a wifi network for book pruchases?

And finally

5. Can you ensure the US don't get it for at least a year... maybe two. In revenge for other products. I think they need to know what it is like.
M0zza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 02:40 PM   #20
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by M0zza View Post
I think the main things are:

1. What formats will they cover?

2. Will there be an SDK for further, user development?

3. Will it be for specific phone providers (ala iPhone)? I don't want to be anchored into a bad network.

4. Will there be a wifi network for book pruchases?
yes i second those questions, and most of the other ones posed so far...

Quote:
And finally

5. Can you ensure the US don't get it for at least a year... maybe two. In revenge for other products. I think they need to know what it is like.
heh...
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 02:56 PM   #21
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Here are some questions

//Features
1) How will document navigation work
1a) Will there be a ZOOM function
1b) Will there be a Font size increase / decrease
2) What eBook formants are supported.
3) Will DRM be supported?
4) What OS will this device interact with (It uses ActiveSync) so we know it will support Windows. With the USB interface support Mac/Linux?
5) What BlueTooth protocols are supported. I.e. Stereo, ActivSync, File Transfer?
6) Does this device add support for annotation of eBooks?

// Device Questions
1) OS used for device
2) How open is the device. (Can we install apps, develop apps)
3) What kind of Web Browser/email client comes with this device. Will the browser support javascript?

=X=

Last edited by =X=; 07-07-2008 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Added a question
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 03:05 PM   #22
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Here are some questions
// Device Questions
1) OS used for device
2) How open is the device. (Can we install apps, develop apps)
3) What kind of Web Browser/email client comes with this device. Will the browser support javascript?

=X=
It looks like all my device questions where answered on their web site
It's a windows ce device

http://www.readius.com/pocket-ereader/specifications
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 03:15 PM   #23
Axelos
Axelos
Axelos began at the beginning.

Device: MDA Touch
Stylus

Is there be a Stylus available ? For me it's a must in order to operate a possible Look-Up funktionality in case a Dictionary will be supported for example.
Axelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 03:19 PM   #24
kaas
Muncher of ebooks
kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Pocketbook 360
What about inbuilt lighting?

cheers,
kaas
kaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 03:30 PM   #25
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
- What service do I have to purchase to be able to get Readius?
- Can I get Readius without monthly "program" - that is without purchasing services from particular mobile provider?
- Will the phone be unlocked - that is available for use with SIM card from other telecommunication providers?
- Will I able to get one in my country (member of European Union)?

- Does the interface support folders for organizing files?
- Can I upload my own fonts?

- Can the device function in a "flight mode" - that is with the phone circuits switched off, so I can use it on the airplane or when I want to conserve battery or when I want to be "offline" in the evening and just enjoy a good book?

Last edited by kacir; 07-07-2008 at 03:32 PM.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 04:30 PM   #26
tonyofla
Enthusiast
tonyofla began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
will it be available in Ireland? (should be since UK is on the list but one never knows with telcos! a chance for vodafone to get some action after missing out on the iphone in the UK and Ireland?)
tonyofla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 04:35 PM   #27
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Well, if it's got a phone...

We won't be using it in California. Not after this first phase of draconian restrictions on cell phone use in automobiles.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 07:38 PM   #28
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
What about other OSes?

Fine and dandy that it has *some* features, but what about an SDK so we can port over Open Inkpot???

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 03:23 AM   #29
dottedmag
OpenInkpot co-founder
dottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle Oasis
Well, we don't need stinky SDK :-P
dottedmag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 07:13 AM   #30
grimo1re
Geekette
grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Sony Reader PRS500, PocketBook 360
When will the colour version be available?
grimo1re is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duck!, polymer vision, readius