Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-23-2010, 06:34 PM   #1
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Free Book (Kindle) - Map of Bones [Thriller, geo-restricted to US-only]

Map of Bones with Free Excerpt from Altar of Eden by James Rollins, from Harper Collins, is a free pre-order in the B&N store, to be released September 1st, 2010.

Looks like it's another one of those Da Vinci Code-esque religious/archaeological conspiracy-theory thrillers. It's #2 in the Sigma Force series; Altar of Eden seems to be a standalone.

Synopsis
During a crowded service at a cathedral in Germany, armed intruders in monks' robes unleash a nightmare of blood and destruction. But the killers have not come for gold; they seek a more valuable prize: the bones of the Magi who once paid homage to a newborn savior . . . a treasure that could reshape the world.

With the Vatican in turmoil, SIGMA Force leaps into action. An elite team of scientific and Special Forces operatives under the command of Grayson Pierce and accompanied by Lieutenant Rachel Verona of Rome's carabinieri, they are pursuing a deadly mystery that weaves through sites of the Seven Wonders of the World and ends at the doorstep of an ancient, mystical, and terrifying secret order. For there are those with dark plans for the stolen sacred remains that will alter the future of humankind . . . when science and religion unite to unleash a horror not seen since the beginning of time.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 01:42 AM   #2
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
You would have to post this AFTER Amazon released the book, right? Already on my Kindle (but a second copy pre-ordered for the additional format).

Thanks.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2010, 04:05 AM   #3
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Sorry, I only found out about it from browsing the B&N forums this afternoon, and posted as soon as I did.

Hey, at least you got yours cheap at Amazon in a format you don't have to strip and convert for Kindle use.

Though mind you, it looks like the Kindle version is a mere 1.59 for Canadians, as is Faye Kellerman's The Burnt House with Bonus Material.

But it seems both sides of the border can get super-cheap holiday romance books: Debbie Macomber's Where Angels Go and Home for the Holidays at 92% off the list price, for 1.30 each, and Patricia Thayer's Montana, Mistletoe, and Marriage at 1.26. All also at B&N for the same: HFtH, WaG, MMM.

There's also huge batch of Christmas Harlequins for 1.19 each if one follows the "Customers Also Bought" links on The Millionaire's Christmas Wish. Though it looks like those latter are short stories/novellas Kindle-ized from print anthologies.

And this strangely non-seasonal Harlequin Intrigue at 1.30: Operation XOXO, which again, leads to a lot of other Harlequins for only a buck and spare change in the Also Boughts. Again, same pricing at B&N if one goes to their Under $5 eBooks section and filters the seach using Harlequin and arranges the sort low-to-high.

I'm kind of wondering if there's any sort of reason behind the discounts, or it's just one of those random pricing whims. At least mainstream romance fans will be happy with all the deals?

Edit: a-ha! Looks like all of those cheap-o Harlequins also have a paperback version being dumped cheaply as part of some promo, and the Kindle prices lowered to match.

Last edited by ATDrake; 08-24-2010 at 04:56 AM. Reason: Had a closer look at the 1.19 Christmas stories. Also, think I figured out the discount reasoning. Plus B&N pricematch.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 10:18 AM   #4
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
And the deal is now over. Back to $1.99 at B&N
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:03 PM   #5
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer
arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire, iPad, iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350
Now free for US Kindle
arcadata is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2012, 02:58 AM   #6
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcadata View Post
Now free for US Kindle
N/A for Australia (and we don't have a Kindle store). I detest these geographical restrictions.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 03:10 AM   #7
Sigyn
Junior Junior Member
Sigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: none
I've never gotten a satisfactory answer about that either. As a kid I think the best answer given to me was something about conversion on the dollar ['cause books always had the us & canadian prices on the cover or back] but no-one I asked ever knew.
Sigyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 03:50 AM   #8
slex
Addict
slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Onyx Boox M92
Probably free as an audiobook only for those in US from BooksOnBoard (when I log in, I no longer have this offer and I am in Europe).
slex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 04:07 AM   #9
kg3
Guru
kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, etc
-Thanks so much for both the Book and Audiobook! Though I feel bad for those outside the US who can't get these.
kg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 04:11 AM   #10
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by slex View Post
Probably free as an audiobook only for those in US from BooksOnBoard (when I log in, I no longer have this offer and I am in Europe).
It is and I successfully downloaded it.

thanks much
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 04:14 AM   #11
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcadata View Post
Now free for US Kindle
Thanks a lot
Old 07-24-2012, 04:44 AM   #12
OddCosine
Connoisseur
OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by slex View Post
Better than free; they credited me with $2.24 of reward balance for downloading it. It says that on the product page, but somehow I didn't believe they'd do it for a free item.

Thanks for the link!
OddCosine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 05:03 AM   #13
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by OddCosine View Post
Better than free; they credited me with $2.24 of reward balance for downloading it. It says that on the product page, but somehow I didn't believe they'd do it for a free item.

Thanks for the link!
I got the same credit. I'm new to BoB, having just registered two weeks ago. So I have no experience with their rewards program.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:41 AM   #14
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G,Huawei Ideos X3,Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
N/A for Australia (and we don't have a Kindle store). I detest these geographical restrictions.
Yeah, they detest 'em so much they visit the USA to get 'em.
Blue Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:18 AM   #15
ozron
Groupie
ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ozron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, iPad, iPhone
Downloaded the Audiobook to my Mac and appears to be non-drm mp3's. Nice!
ozron is offline   Reply With Quote