Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-08-2008, 06:04 PM   #61
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Poor ZP! So deprived!! Since this started out as a thread about vacations, then you should come visit. I'll feed you up good. I fry a good green tomato - none of that "breading," just self-rising flour and lots of salt and pepper, fried up crispy in hot grease in an iron skillet.

Then we could take a ride to the Krispy Kreme store for dessert!

Me! Me! I'll come to dinner if the invite is open!

Let's see....just over 200 miles...oh no... I'll have to fight the Atlanta traffic and then a long stretch of I-20. Ok, so maybe not tonight.

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 06:50 PM   #62
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
I'm headed to Ioway with my family. We'll probably see the butter cow at the fair. Woohoo.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2008, 08:42 PM   #63
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Krispy Kremes are the Beignets of american donuts. Extrapolate from there for chocomints.
A Krispy Kreme donut eaten fresh off the frying belt melts instantly, warmly, creamily and blissfully in the mouth and triggers most every pleasure centre in the brain, including the ones attached to the googly bits. It should be noted, however, that pshrynk's membership of the medical profession may have him advocating them to get some cardiologist friend into their second yacht.

Buy a dozen; call an ambulance.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 09:13 PM   #64
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
A Krispy Kreme donut eaten fresh off the frying belt melts instantly, warmly, creamily and blissfully in the mouth and triggers most every pleasure centre in the brain, including the ones attached to the googly bits.
Ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh! Krispy Kreme should hire you to write their next ad campaign.

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 11:29 PM   #65
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
All this talk of Krispy Kreme is not fair to those of us that have 0 access!!!
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2008, 12:03 AM   #66
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Darned French, no culture at all.
Look it up, you poor pathetic Frank, and see what you're missing. It's another thing you have to eat a half boxful in the car on the way home.

http://www.megaessays.com/viewpaper/10467.html
"The Krispy Kreme doughnut is one of the fastest growing and famous companies in the Fast Food industries. The Company had established in 1937, when Vernon Rudolph bought a secret recipe from a French chef ...."

Krispy Kremes (aka 'the heart attack with the hole in the middle') - too sweet for my taste.

Last edited by Sparrow; 07-09-2008 at 12:22 AM.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 01:44 AM   #67
Falbe Publishing
Gadget Slave
Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS505SC
Next Monday, my family and I are going to a vacation home on a small spring fed lake near Lakeport California. It's a couple hours' drive from my house. We're looking forward to fishing and boating and relaxing on the deck overlooking the water.

It's nothing super fancy, but it's better than home. It's our week out of the year when we get to live like rich people.

Last year we stayed at a house in a redwood forest near Guerneville, CA in Sonoma County. It was super nice. One of my sons who was 3 at the time was extremely upset that we came home. He threw a fit for a week every time we pulled into our driveway. He could not grasp why we did not stay at that wonderful place.
Falbe Publishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:41 AM   #68
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I've got to work today, so this is a quick bunch of replies:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookishDreamer View Post

Me! Me! I'll come to dinner if the invite is open!
Dreamer
Anytime! Just give me a half hour notice to hide the dirty clothes piles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
I'm headed to Ioway with my family. We'll probably see the butter cow at the fair. Woohoo.
That sounds so fun! We don't have a state fair anymore, and I miss it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
A Krispy Kreme donut eaten fresh off the frying belt melts instantly, warmly, creamily and blissfully in the mouth and triggers most every pleasure centre in the brain, including the ones attached to the googly bits. It should be noted, however, that pshrynk's membership of the medical profession may have him advocating them to get some cardiologist friend into their second yacht.

Buy a dozen; call an ambulance.

Cheers,
Marc
OMG, I'm gonna have to go downstairs to the cafeteria and get one. you flung a craving on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Krispy Kremes (aka 'the heart attack with the hole in the middle') - too sweet for my taste.
Blasphemy! Pure and simple blasphemy. How can you libel that little circle of, as Erv said, "fried heaven." See, what you do is, you have some hot coffee or cold milk with them, and that balances out the donut glaze. Zero calories at that magical point when donut nirvana is in balance. True, I think maybe I heard that on the Discovery Channel, or maybe not.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:43 AM   #69
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Speaking of Iowa, Where were you two weeks ago? I had the Secret Army of the Pshrynkage all ready to take the state down and claim all the bacon and not Security Chief to lead them!

Bad dog! No bacon!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 07:32 PM   #70
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
OMG, I'm gonna have to go downstairs to the cafeteria and get one. you flung a craving on me!
Jus' doin' my job, ma'am.

Cheers,
Marc
Creator of Cravings
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 07:54 PM   #71
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Well, I live on a largeish lake with a boat house and a pool at my disposal, so I don't go on vacations very much ... the last big one was 2003 ... but that was for three months.

When I do ... it's usually to DisneyWorld or Disneyland. I'm about the same distance from both, and a total Disney freak ... so it just depends on which direction I want to go, and how much time I have to spend.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 08:29 PM   #72
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
My vacations, when I get one, are spent in a mountain cabin (rented) in the Smokie Mountains near where Georgia, Tennessee, and North Carolina meet. Just relax & read and watch the mountains (and sometimes the weather). Maybe this fall.

ZP don't let the Krispy Kreme squad get you down. They're right about the taste but they're guaranteed to add pounds (even just driving past the shop) & usually in places you don't want added.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 10:53 PM   #73
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Speaking of Iowa, Where were you two weeks ago? I had the Secret Army of the Pshrynkage all ready to take the state down and claim all the bacon and not Security Chief to lead them!

Bad dog! No bacon!
(whimper)
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 09:29 AM   #74
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Oh, all right! Here! But just one. Stop looking at me like that! What do you want? You were just outside! Another one? Sheesh! Is there no bottom in this dog? Stop drooling! And cut the whining! Oh fer ghod's sake! Here! Have the box!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 09:46 AM   #75
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
I am going to Denver for Worldcon (www.worldcon.org) in a couple of weeks and then going to Austin Texas for Armadillocon (science fiction convention August 15-17 http://www.armadillocon.org/) and then some sight seeing in Texas a week before flying home.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clouds of enlightenment