Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-24-2011, 01:25 PM   #1
Alaska_Lady
Alaska_Lady doesn't litterAlaska_Lady doesn't litterAlaska_Lady doesn't litter

Device: Sony
Sync and screen issues with reader

I had to upgrade to reader 3.3.0 to get any support from Sony (still waiting)
I no longer have any way to sync and can only view a portion of the reader (see attachment)
I can no longer manage my reader using the Sony software, any assistance would be appreciated.bikerzf350@gmail.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sony_image1.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	190.5 KB
ID:	74774  
Alaska_Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 03:26 PM   #2
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
Alaska_Lady

any more info about your reader-type, the OS of your PC/Mac a.s.o might be of any help.

To resolve the display problem setup your file-browser (explorer/finder) to show hidden and system files. Then search for folder "kinoma" (windoze) or "fsk" (Mac OS) and rename/delete/copy to a save place and restart reader-library-program.

For newer Mac OS'es boot in 32 bit-mode or just use Finder to sideload your books.
HTH
Mark

BTW: this is discussed up and down this tread, use search or scroll down some posts!

Last edited by Mark Nord; 07-27-2011 at 02:34 AM.
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2011, 05:06 PM   #3
Ashjuk
Fanatic
Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Sony PRS 600/650
From the screen shot I can see she is using Windows so the 64 bit problem with a Mac is not an issue.

Perhaps it just needs to be reinstalled.
Ashjuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:18 AM   #4
Alaska_Lady

Thanks
I have read through the postings and did not find my issue
I think it is a prs-900
version 1.0.00.12110
Device 0800461001015053
I am running the reader software on a 64 bit on Windows7 Home edition
reader software has been re-installed 2X

Last edited by Alaska_Lady; 07-26-2011 at 12:46 PM.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:33 AM   #5
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
Alaska_Lady,

did you follow my advice after uninstalling the reader software?
Quote:
To resolve the display problem setup your file-browser (explorer/finder) to show hidden and system files. Then search for folder "kinoma" (windoze) or "fsk" (Mac OS) and rename/delete/copy to a save place and restart reader-library-program.
As some configuration files causing your problem will be left after uninstall.
These files are in a hidden folder named \KINOMA\

You don't even have to uninstall/reinstall. Just get rid of this folder, restart reader-library program and it will be recreated, with clean configuration.

Last edited by Mark Nord; 07-27-2011 at 02:35 AM.
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2011, 09:56 AM   #6
Alaska_Lady

I removed the folder Kinoma but found there was two of them in different places.
The problem has been corrected.
Thanks for the assistance.