Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-21-2010, 05:35 AM   #1
GBerlin
GBerlin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2Global
Searching the E-book library

Although I have figured out how to search the library in several ways, I haven't figured out how to search by the uploader. I'm missing Patricia's presence at MR a lot, and realized that I want to read through what she's posted and read many of them: it seems that in very many ways our tastes coincided (although she was a much more catholic reader). Is there a way to do it? I tried the search box, but it seems not to work.Is there any way other than sorting by uploader and entering numbers until I am in the right place?
GBerlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:46 AM   #2
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
One possible solution:

You can use the Search option available on most screens.

Select Advanced Search in the drop-down menu.

- in the Search by User Name section, enter Patricia and select Find Threads Started by User in drop-down menu just below the name.

- in Search in Forum(s) section, select E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library or better if you select the specific format.

Patricia was a prolific uploader so this will only find the last 500 uploads (a restriction of the search function). The only way to see all of her uploads using the Advanced Search function, that I can find, is by additionally using the Find Posts by Date section, possibly going through month by month since Patricia joined MobileRead.

Let me know if you need any further clarification.

I miss Patricia as well.

*edit* You can also narrow your search by genre by using the Threads with Prefix section or the Search by Tag section since Patricia tagged many of her uploads.

Last edited by Wetdogeared; 10-21-2010 at 04:43 PM.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2010, 04:24 PM   #3
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
GBerlin, if you click on "uploader" you will get the list in alphabetical order.

Patricia did not upload ePubs. As far as I know, she posted all of her books as mobi (as well as other formats).

So if you first choose the mobi format and then click on "uploader", you will then find Patricia on page 115 and surrounding pages.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote