Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 08-15-2014, 09:12 PM   #1
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
Fbreader Now Syncs Reading Position

Welcome news for those of us who like Fbreader: it can now sync your reading position via Google Drive and a new service called "Fbreader Book Network". This is now built into Fbreader, not a separate app like FBSync. See
Google Play here
and Fbreader Book Network here.

I like the sync because it is automatic (as long as you have data or wifi connected). Moon+ lets you know that a new reading position is available and asks if you want to go to that position. Fbreader's new sync is more like Google Play's: automatic with no prompting.
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 10:03 AM   #2
kc1
kc1 began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Hi - Do you happen to know if there a way to get FBreader to 'see' books already in your Google Drive - without having to add them 20mb at a time through the FBreader Library file upload page?

I have many more than 20mb and it is a pain having to drag and drop with that limitation. Is there perhaps a tool that can work to look at the directory contents either in drive or offline first and create the necessary file/index that the library uses?

Thanks
kc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 04:54 PM   #3
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't know how to make Fbreader see Google Drive books. I'm only using it to sync my reading position. That's the feature I was waiting for Fbreader to implement.
Old 11-15-2014, 11:28 AM   #4
CapZap
Old and in the way
CapZap began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy Tab S 8.4
OK. I've got both devices connected to wifi, have my account set up on FB Reader Book Network, and have tried repeatedly to get it to sync page position with no effect. I'm going to say this isn't easy. Moon+ didn't require any fiddling; I have, however, found Moon+ to be unusable because of the page turning problems. So, FBReader would be perfect if I could sync page position between devices and Moon+ would be perfect if the pages would turn reliably. I've tried most every reader out there and can't find the flawless one.
CapZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 03:33 PM   #5
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapZap View Post
OK. I've got both devices connected to wifi, have my account set up on FB Reader Book Network, and have tried repeatedly to get it to sync page position with no effect. I'm going to say this isn't easy. Moon+ didn't require any fiddling; I have, however, found Moon+ to be unusable because of the page turning problems. So, FBReader would be perfect if I could sync page position between devices and Moon+ would be perfect if the pages would turn reliably. I've tried most every reader out there and can't find the flawless one.
Did you go into "Settings" then "Synchronisation" in FbReader on each device? You have to enable synchronisation there. I've also checked off "Change current book", so that if I am reading book "A" on one device and stop reading book "B" on the second device, when I go back to the first device it will automatically open book "B".
Old 11-24-2015, 03:13 PM   #6
Pinkie
Connoisseur
Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard, Nook Color, Kobo
FBR sync problem

I only have two Android devices! Sync is set up on my tablet, but when I try to enable it on my phone, it won't "stick." I tick the box, and it asks me to select the account, I do, and then the box unticks itself.
Pinkie is offline   Reply With Quote