Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 05-20-2007, 05:20 PM   #16
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy White
((Correction.. I've learned a TON about making Book designer files and The version I posted below is MUCH better. I enlarged the artwork so you can see it better and deleted a couple of unnecessary title page mistakes.. So dont get this version but the one below.. Version 2... ))
Enjoy.
Do I miss it? Cannot find v2
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 06:17 PM   #17
Roy White
Evangelist
Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Reader
Argh.. Dumb Dial up.. Here goes... Ok. At last it's all working. This is... I swear.. The last time I do any more work to Treasure Island.. The N.C. Wyeth version of the book is a beauty though. This version is as close as possible to that illustrated classic version.. Enjoy!

I love Illustrated books. People like Arthur Rackham and Arthur Hughes were great!
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: lrf Treasure Islandv2.lrf (2.69 MB, 889 views)

Last edited by Roy White; 05-20-2007 at 11:56 PM.
Roy White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 05:26 AM   #18
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
I just cannot believe it. Someone is still using dial up! I thought it is a history!
*comforts*

Thanks again for the book
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 02:06 AM   #19
Roy White
Evangelist
Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.

I live in a TINY town... Dial up...
Old 05-30-2008, 03:11 PM   #20
Fiacha
Enthusiast
Fiacha has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Fiacha has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Fiacha has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Fiacha has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo H20, Nook Glowlight 3
For some reason you are breaking to a new paragraph after an abbreviation
e.g.
burble burble Dr.
Trelawney and so on.

Fiacha
Fiacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 10:58 AM   #21
Roy White
Evangelist

Fiacha. Sorry about that. Its weird how Book Designer, (The free program I use to format text from Gutenberg automatically assigs new paragraphs after stuff... The only way to 'fix' this is to go through, page by page, and fix it manually. And Babe, I aint go tthe time or the energy fer that! so I just dint worry about it. I figger the text is all there and I got it in a purty good readable with the Illustrations I like. Its fun to use Book Designer to make your own though and I encourage you to redo this one if you like.

Roy
Old 06-01-2008, 12:50 PM   #22
GypsyWoman
Groupie
GypsyWoman will become famous soon enoughGypsyWoman will become famous soon enoughGypsyWoman will become famous soon enoughGypsyWoman will become famous soon enoughGypsyWoman will become famous soon enoughGypsyWoman will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony E Reader PRS-505/iTouch/Blackberry Curve-Pink
Excellent read! Thanks!
GypsyWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 12:37 AM   #23
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy White View Post
Fiacha. Sorry about that. Its weird how Book Designer, (The free program I use to format text from Gutenberg automatically assigs new paragraphs after stuff... The only way to 'fix' this is to go through, page by page, and fix it manually. And Babe, I aint go tthe time or the energy fer that! so I just dint worry about it. I figger the text is all there and I got it in a purty good readable with the Illustrations I like. Its fun to use Book Designer to make your own though and I encourage you to redo this one if you like.

Roy
Roy, there is a problem with Book Designer loading text files. The best way to do it so Book Designer does not break up the paragraphs is to load the text file into Word and then save as RTF. RTF doesn't get broken paragraphs. HTML doesn't as well. But RTF is safer to save as from Word.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 03:19 AM   #24
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
There are actually two separate problems here.

The first problem is that you must never, ever, use BD to directly load a text file, or it completely messes up paragraph breaks. Convert to some other format first, and then load that.

The second, unrelated, problem, is that, by default, BD treats any "." as the end of a sentence and will probably break the paragraph at that point. That's the reason for the paragraph breaks after abbreviations like "Mr.", "Dr.", etc. The "Book Cleaner" files that Jon and I wrote will solve that problem, and can be download from here.

Personally I think that this kind of thing matters a great deal, but obviously I respect the fact that it may matter less to other people .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote