Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 05-25-2010, 04:29 PM   #166
Sam Landstrom
Zealot
Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Since this might be a pair of sixes, I'll probably leave it as is for now. I don't like to re-submit unless absolutely necessary because the epub converter that Smashwords uses is suspect IMO and I don't have a good way of testing. It's just like "push the button and pray".

Thanks,
Sam
Sam Landstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 09:55 PM   #167
Sam Landstrom
Zealot
Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old Man View Post
Like the cover!
Bigger font for the main title.

Are you planning a sequel?
Thanks, they gave me a new version with bigger font. Nice.

A sequel? Eventually. I'm working on a fantasy novel right now... Plus, AmazonEncore gave me this heavy hitting editor for the re-release and so I'm currently doing a lot of re-writing on MetaGame. Should have the new version out in Sept or so.

Sam
Old 06-01-2010, 12:46 AM   #168
Sam Landstrom
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrburton View Post
downloading now. sounds like a good story thanks!
Thanks! Hope you like it. Feedback welcome.

Sam
Old 06-05-2010, 07:34 PM   #169
Sam Landstrom
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebase View Post
It's number 4 on the free sci fi section.

Lee
Thanks. I won't complain about that. (:

Wonder where it is now?

I noticed this page doesn't give any ranking details: http://itunes.apple.com/book/metagame/id365938813

Too bad.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:41 PM   #170
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

as of right now it's #1 in the us store. 28 ratings. 4 out of 5 stars. congrats.
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 09:12 PM   #171
Sam Landstrom
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjl View Post
as of right now it's #1 in the us store. 28 ratings. 4 out of 5 stars. congrats.
Number one! Wowsa!

I assume you're referring to scifi and not all free books, right?
Old 06-05-2010, 09:28 PM   #172
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

yes. the sci-fi/fantasy section.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:51 PM   #173
Sam Landstrom
Zealot

Quote:
yes. the sci-fi/fantasy section.
Thanks Scott. Now I'm just being annoying, but I have to ask: What's the overall rank? I would hope that #1 in sci-fi/fantasy puts you somewhere in the overall ranking. Otherwise, I'm saddened that my genre is so poorly represented.

Thanks,
Sam
Old 06-07-2010, 08:35 PM   #174
scottjl
Reader of Books

sorry, but it wasn't in the top 50, which is as far as the general free book list goes. way too many classics in there, i don't think you'll ever break into that list.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:22 PM   #175
Sam Landstrom
Zealot

Quote:
sorry, but it wasn't in the top 50, which is as far as the general free book list goes. way too many classics in there, i don't think you'll ever break into that list.
Someone told me I was at 80 when I was #4 in sci-fi/fantasy so I'm holding onto hope. That said, I won't soil the pants if I don't make it.

Man, no sci-fi in the top 50! I get the appeal of classics.... er, since they're classics, but there better at least be some Jules Verne in there!

Thanks,
Sam
Old 06-08-2010, 01:23 PM   #176
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
I don't even see a Sci-Fi/Fantasy category in the iBookstore...where is it?
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 01:30 PM   #177
scottjl
Reader of Books

go to the store.. look in the upper left. you should see a button for library and next to it one for categories, in both the featured and charts sections. you can then choose a specific category. at least, that's what is available in the US store.

the sci-fi/fantasy store stopped giving me the "more" option at 50, just like the app store on the ipad. maybe there's a way to browse a longer list via web or itunes. when you're going against the tried and true classics in the overall free section, you're facing some stiff competition. mark twain, brothers grimm, h.g. wells. jane austen, shakespeare. i wouldn't have any hopes of cracking that list if i were you. no offense.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:34 PM   #178
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
iBooks access to the iBooks store is really not all that wonderful. It's not easy to just browse. Browsing is lousy. If you know what you want, that's fine. But to just browse, forget it.

The App store is just as bad for browsing.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 01:45 PM   #179
JerseyBiker
Addict
JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Classic, Nook Glowlight, Galaxy Tab S9, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Landstrom View Post
My novel MetaGame is FREE as an IBook. Just search on "MetaGame" in your IPad IBook Store. Also, here's a link that might work: http://itunes.apple.com/book/metagame/id365938813
Hi Sam, I finished reading your book a few days ago. I really enjoyed it. It was certainly different from anything I have read before. In the very beginning it sort of reminded me of Ender's Game. But not for long. I was a little disappointed with the ending. It wasn't a bad ending at all but just not what I expected or was hoping. I guess it's best not to be predictable.

~eddie

Last edited by JerseyBiker; 06-08-2010 at 01:57 PM. Reason: added to post
JerseyBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 02:11 PM   #180
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
go to the store.. look in the upper left. you should see a button for library and next to it one for categories, in both the featured and charts sections. you can then choose a specific category. at least, that's what is available in the US store.

the sci-fi/fantasy store stopped giving me the "more" option at 50, just like the app store on the ipad. maybe there's a way to browse a longer list via web or itunes. when you're going against the tried and true classics in the overall free section, you're facing some stiff competition. mark twain, brothers grimm, h.g. wells. jane austen, shakespeare. i wouldn't have any hopes of cracking that list if i were you. no offense.
Here is what I see:
http://yfrog.com/9fphotozp

I think I'm on the US store.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, high tech, metagame, science fiction