Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 05-14-2010, 09:14 AM   #136
andymillson
eBook Fan
andymillson began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS600, Apple iPad
Todays Rank

As of a few mins ago, your book was sitting in the #80 position

Looking at the list of the books ahead of it you might have trouble cracking the top 10. Lots of classics in there. Even the 'Winnie the Pooh' book that was highlighted by Steve Hobs at the ipad announcement isn't in the top 40

Still, you keep going up the list, congrats again

Andy
andymillson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 10:25 AM   #137
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
It's number 4 on the free sci fi section.

Lee
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 11:39 AM   #138
The Old Man
Fanatic
The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPad Pro, Fire 8", iPhone, PaperWhite 2
Thanks for the book. I enjoyed it immensely.

It reminded me somewhat of Gulliver’s Travels with the undercurrent of political and social innuendos such as the “grocking” described in chapter 20 and the current Facebook security concerns.

The “quotes” from periodicals preceding the chapters were especially nice.

I was actually expecting a somewhat different ending with something like the last line from the movie Sleuth, “It’s just a bloody game!”

Nicely done!
The Old Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 05:45 PM   #139
Sam Landstrom
Zealot
Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourOhFour View Post
They don't make it easy, but this should work: http://itunes.apple.com/book/metagame/id365938813

Got the URL by using the send to a friend link and emailing it to myself.
FourOhFour, thanks for digging that up! I added the link to the top of the thread.

Sam
Sam Landstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 03:27 AM   #140
Sam Landstrom
Zealot
Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymillson View Post
As of a few mins ago, your book was sitting in the #80 position

Looking at the list of the books ahead of it you might have trouble cracking the top 10. Lots of classics in there. Even the 'Winnie the Pooh' book that was highlighted by Steve Hobs at the ipad announcement isn't in the top 40

Still, you keep going up the list, congrats again

Andy
Thanks for the update, Andy. It's pretty cool to be in the top 100. I think I have folks on this forum to thank for that.

And to be climbing (even slowly) up the ranks works for me! MetaGame will just have to claw her way up one rung at a time. I bet once you get relatively high up, you enter into a virtuous cycle where you become a best seller because you're a best seller. Ah, the virtuous and vicious cycles! That's what runs the world, right?

Sam
Old 05-15-2010, 02:05 PM   #141
Sam Landstrom
Zealot

My publisher is re-doing my cover art. Here's some mockups. Which do you like? Or more to the point, if you were browsing through a bookstore, which would you pick up and look at and/or buy?

Thanks!

Number 1

Number 2

Number 3

Number 4

Number 5

Number 6

Number 7

Thanks,
Sam

Last edited by Sam Landstrom; 05-15-2010 at 02:25 PM.
Old 05-15-2010, 02:06 PM   #142
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

the first one.
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 07:33 AM   #143
The Old Man
Fanatic
The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPad Pro, Fire 8", iPhone, PaperWhite 2
I'd go for one of the puzzle faces.
The Old Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 01:17 PM   #144
stustaff
Wizard
stustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it is

Device: sony reader PRS505 and 600
Number 1 in 5's colours! or number 7 out of the actual ones.

also can i vote against the jigsaw(cliched) and the Matrix effect(10101010111) as they are way overused imo.
stustaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 01:38 PM   #145
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjl View Post
the first one.
Same here.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 02:58 PM   #146
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Number 2 or 4
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 07:16 PM   #147
Rique
Zealot
Rique began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (silver), IPad 3G 64GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Number 2 or 4
Agreed! Number 2 or 4.
Rique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 01:15 PM   #148
Sam Landstrom
Zealot

I have a few throughout the web asking this question, so compiling them all here. Here's the stack so far:

1 xxxxxxxxxxx
2 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
3 xxxxxx
4 xxxxxxxxxxxxx
5 xxxxx
6 xxxxxxx
7 xxxxx

#2 is in the lead, but don't let that alter you choice. I'm not necessarily going to just go for the most popular (although it certainly helps). There's a lot of things to consider...

Thanks!
Sam
Old 05-17-2010, 01:32 PM   #149
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
If you are going to go with 2, I'd try a couple of different font choices, I think the font on 2 is the weakest of all of them.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:36 PM   #150
Sam Landstrom
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebase View Post
It's number 4 on the free sci fi section.

Lee
Sweeet!

Anyone have an update by chance? My ratings haven't changed (just at 15) which means to me that either that itunes page is not updating or I'm not getting as much traffic on there as I thought.

Thanks,
Sam

Tags
adventure, high tech, metagame, science fiction