Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-18-2011, 10:13 AM   #1
JoeD
Guru
JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: na
Question Popular highlights updating

This question is in relation to the thread I posted in the calibre forum, but since it's not actually a calibre issue, I thought I'd ask here.

If you load a kindle book via usb, just the azw file (or the .mobi if it's drm-free) is there any way to get the kindle to download popular highlights for that book?

What I tried was downloading pride and prejudice from my kindle archive, moved it + all associated sidecar files to my PC. I then transfered back just the book (azw file) and noticed the kindle didn;t attempt to download the popular highlights for it that were now missing (since I didn't transfer the phl file).

Any idea if there's a way to force a re-download or if the kindle will eventually do it its self, on the assumption that it updates popular highlights for existing books now and then?

If you're wondering why I'd want to, it's because I want to be able to transfer books to the kindle from calibre and still have popular highlights, but so far I've only been able to get the kindle to download the phl files at the same time as I download from the archive.
JoeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 06:58 AM   #2
JoeD
Guru
JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: na
I've searched all over and not being able to find a solution to this, although I have noticed that if I highlight a passage in the book, that passage is sync'd with all my devices. So highlighting works on sideload (inc drm free) but popular highlights remain missing (phl file only downloads when I download from the archive).
JoeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert