Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-06-2010, 01:44 AM   #106
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
DoggCatcher Podcast Player

For those into audio/video podcasts. The description doesn't do it justice.

Quote:
Manage your podcasts and RSS/news feeds with the most highly rated Podcatcher in the Market.

- Podcast - Audio and Video (download/streaming)
- Auto media download
- News/RSS
- Feed recommendations matched from other users
- Searchable feed database
- Widget
- Frequent updates
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 07:45 AM   #107
Noah98
Eccentric
Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The nook, ipad 3, Kindle Fire HD (8.9), Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
For those into audio/video podcasts. The description doesn't do it justice.
Where can I find the .apk for Podcatcher?
Noah98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2010, 09:13 AM   #108
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah98 View Post
Where can I find the .apk for Podcatcher?
Do you mean DoggCatcher (the one I'm referring to)?

If so: http://www.mediafire.com/?cxf1ecjwkks1m25
Old 12-06-2010, 12:11 PM   #109
Noah98
Eccentric
Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Do you mean DoggCatcher (the one I'm referring to)?

If so: http://www.mediafire.com/?cxf1ecjwkks1m25
Old 12-06-2010, 12:17 PM   #110
French
Groupie
French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I just came out of the B&N store and it's true that with root I have lost "in store" features.
French is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2010, 12:20 PM   #111
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by French View Post
I just came out of the B&N store and it's true that with root I have lost "in store" features.
Thanks for the update. This may be a deal breaker for some.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:53 PM   #112
mxrodriguez
Enthusiast
mxrodriguez is on a distinguished road

Device: Nook, NookColor
Scion.
Can you share a link to the NYtimes app you are using?
My google-fu is weak today, and I would love to try this app you rave about
Im using sideloaded Calibre NYtimes feed.. but would love something 'flashier'
mxrodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 01:55 PM   #113
Noah98
Eccentric

Quote:
Thanks for the update. This may be a deal breaker for some.
Good thing I still have my nook classic
Old 12-06-2010, 02:34 PM   #114
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxrodriguez View Post
Scion.
Can you share a link to the NYtimes app you are using?
My google-fu is weak today, and I would love to try this app you rave about
Im using sideloaded Calibre NYtimes feed.. but would love something 'flashier'
Here you go: http://www.freewarelovers.com/android/app/nytimes

Enjoy!

In order to go from article to article you swipe to the left with your finger (same concept as turning the pages of a newspaper).

Use the back arrow to go back to "Section" view.

Last edited by SCION; 12-06-2010 at 02:42 PM.
Old 12-06-2010, 02:44 PM   #115
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Good thing I still have my nook classic
Show off.
Old 12-06-2010, 03:14 PM   #116
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
If your nook color is rooted, I recommend trying the new soft buttons (helps with apps that are fullscreen without the options bar). Go here to find the link to the thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=861902
Works great and definitely needed! Used version 1.06

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=860153
Old 12-06-2010, 05:02 PM   #117
mxrodriguez
Enthusiast
mxrodriguez is on a distinguished road

Device: Nook, NookColor
Quote:
Here you go: http://www.freewarelovers.com/android/app/nytimes

Enjoy!

In order to go from article to article you swipe to the left with your finger (same concept as turning the pages of a newspaper).

Use the back arrow to go back to "Section" view.
Thanks for the link Scion.
Found a few other good apps there as well
The Newspaper app has a bunch of local and international papers to browse through as well.
mxrodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 09:07 PM   #118
Rebo
Groupie
Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: nook, nook color, kindle 3, Ipad 2nd gen, Nook HD+, Iphone 4S
Quote:
Thanks for the confirmation. I was wondering if a factory reset can restore the NC back to its unrooted condition and allow the "read in store" access again?

In addition, how does the rooting affect other B&N features such as the "lend me" and "syn" between various nooks?
Rebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 09:19 PM   #119
French
Groupie
French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebo View Post
Thanks for the confirmation. I was wondering if a factory reset can restore the NC back to its unrooted condition and allow the "read in store" access again?

In addition, how does the rooting affect other B&N features such as the "lend me" and "syn" between various nooks?
Good questions...I'm not sure, and I think I lost my trial subscriptions for a magazine and newspaper. I never signed up for either but I also no longer have the option to sign up for either.
French is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 10:12 PM   #120
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Good questions...I'm not sure, and I think I lost my trial subscriptions for a magazine and newspaper. I never signed up for either but I also no longer have the option to sign up for either.
Just tried to do a trial magazine subscription on the device. Didn't seem to want to process it (progress bar didn't move). Did it on my computer and it worked fine. Had to sync my library on the device. The magazine appeared with a label to download. Success.

Last edited by SCION; 12-06-2010 at 10:18 PM.