Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 05-18-2010, 03:37 PM   #1
steven522
binomial: homo legentem
steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iriver Story HD; Archos 80 G9
JBL formatting for .TXT

I have been experimenting with the formatting in basic test (.TXT) documents and have found the following special formatting when displaying within the jetBook Lite. I assume this working the regular jetBook. If you find more, please add to the list.

Naming: (This has been covered, but I added anyway.)
Naming the file as AUTHOR#TITLE will split the author's name and book title across two lines with the AUTHOR on the top line, left justified and the TITLE on the bottom line, right justified.

Chapter breaks:
Placing 4 empty lines before the chapter break and 1 empty line after, will start the chapter on a new page with the chapter title centered and as a larger font. The empty lines are just an "ENTER" with no spaces.
Please note that he best way to do this is to have either "Chapter ##" or a placeholder like "*****" after the 4 empty lines and before the single empty line. If you do not have a header, the entire text between the 4 empties and the next single empty will be larger and centered.
This also works for the title page if 4 empty lines are placed before the title and a single line placed after. The title line will be larger and centered.

Last edited by steven522; 05-19-2010 at 11:01 AM.
steven522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 12:14 AM   #2
scarab1
scarab1 began at the beginning.

Device: Palm PDAs, ectaco jetBook, Nook Color
Chapter break tip not working on jetBook

Thanks for the tips, but I can't get the chapter break tip to work on my jetBook.

Anyone else out there with a jetBook been able to do it?
scarab1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2010, 10:59 AM   #3
steven522
binomial: homo legentem
steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iriver Story HD; Archos 80 G9
I have the latest firmware flashed onto my jetBook Lite. There may be a difference between firmware releases and between the JB and JBL.

I tested the format out on a collection of Aesop's Fables to see what the JBL was looking for. I tried this chapter format out on about a dozen books of various sizes and lengths and all work properly on my JBL.

Make sure the 4 blank lines before the chapter break are just an "Enter" with no spaces. same with the single blank line afterwards.
steven522 is offline   Reply With Quote