Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 10-25-2013, 04:59 PM   #1
PO40600
Enthusiast
PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note II & Note Pro 12.2, PocketBook Touch Lux, PB Touch,Odysse
Marvin Dev's should say a great Thank you to Apple : iBooks is *unusable*

I've just installed Mavericks on my Mac Pro.

When launching iBooks for the first time, i've been told "importing 16601 ebooks from Calibre".

Well, after having wait for quite a long time. I noticed that only 20% of all my books have been imported. The rest has completely disappeared from either iTUnes, and iBooks.

They are still present in iTunes folder, but nearly impossible to import "operation could not be completed. operation not allowed"

For the few books present in the list, the sorting is false, either on title or author.

It's impossible to edit any field ...

Never in its long history, Apple have committed such a piece of s**t

A huge thank you to all Marvin debs. Thanks to you, I'm still able to use my iPad ...
PO40600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 02:11 AM   #2
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
You're welcome.
kguil is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2013, 03:10 AM   #3
vikarti
Groupie
vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
even if you perform initial import correctly, iBooks has a lot of issues:
- on Mavericks it's not possible anymore to use calibre to send books to iTunes. Only possible way is to save epubs and manually import them all
- position sync works...strange. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Only way to have at least semi-reliable sync is to use manually created bookmarks. -
- highlights data couldn't be exported by regular user (i.e. without messing with iBooks's sqlite db)

Only thing that iBooks (since Mavericks was created) have and Marvin doesn't is OS X version.
vikarti is offline   Reply With Quote