Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-02-2013, 01:38 PM   #1201
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rinno View Post
I try Kubrick. Flashing complete without any error, but kindle still don't react on power button. After flashing i hold power button for 30 sec, but nothing happens.
Try holding it down for *much* longer. I just re-checked the Kubrick sources, and it clearly says "Slide and hold the Power slider for AT LEAST 30 seconds. After a short while (up to a minute or so), your device should boot".

IIRC, some K3s have been reported to take up to 5 minutes of pressing that key before they rebooted.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:03 PM   #1202
rinno
rinno began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Try holding it down for *much* longer. I just re-checked the Kubrick sources, and it clearly says "Slide and hold the Power slider for AT LEAST 30 seconds. After a short while (up to a minute or so), your device should boot".
Holding power slider for 5 minutes also not wotk.
rinno is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2013, 08:56 PM   #1203
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Holding power slider for 5 minutes also not wotk.
Then I'm also out of ideas - sorry.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:33 AM   #1204
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
The only thing I can quickly come up with would be disconnecting the battery...
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:17 AM   #1205
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
The only thing I can quickly come up with would be disconnecting the battery...
Might work.

Leave it disconnected for a long time (days) - it might take that long without power for everything to stop running on "stored" power in the electronics.

You can find K3 teardown instructions indexed in our master index.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2013, 10:25 AM   #1206
rinno

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Leave it disconnected for a long time (days) - it might take that long without power for everything to stop running on "stored" power in the electronics.
I can try this. Thanks.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:49 AM   #1207
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
I can try this. Thanks.
There is a (very small) chance that the power button is bad.
Trying this might help determine what is wrong.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:05 PM   #1208
rinno

Doesn't work. It connect to PC as "SE Blank RINGO" device (drivers in my second PC not installed). I can flash it again, but nothing happens anymore.
Old 06-05-2013, 01:55 PM   #1209
uriziel01
uriziel01 is faster than slow light.uriziel01 is faster than slow light.uriziel01 is faster than slow light.uriziel01 is faster than slow light.uriziel01 is faster than slow light.uriziel01 is faster than slow light.uriziel01 is faster than slow light.uriziel01 is faster than slow light.uriziel01 is faster than slow light.uriziel01 is faster than slow light.uriziel01 is faster than slow light.

Device: kindle3
Paperwhite bricked

I come here once again, now with more serious problem.

This time I managed to brick kindle PW (doh, again!) by accidently damaging libdpm.so encoding (i changed that file a lot of times and one feral time i forgot to check the encoding).

Although Ive installed the ENABLE_DIAGS rescue pack so I should be able to SSH to my kindle right now, but how in the name of God can I now put the ENABLE_DIAGS activation file in flash root if im stuck on 'Repair Needed' bootloop ?
Any ideas ?
uriziel01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 05:11 AM   #1210
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@rinno: be sure to flash everything that's needed. What do you flash, and where to? If in doubt, I'd suggest to use Kubrick.

@uriziel01: I don't think you can. Given that we don't know how to put the device into USB downloader mode, your only option left is probably a serial (1.8volts TTL levels!) connection. Soldering skills and opening of the device would be needed.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:24 AM   #1211
rinno

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
@rinno: be sure to flash everything that's needed. What do you flash, and where to? If in doubt, I'd suggest to use Kubrick
I use Kubrick for flash my Kindle. Maybe it in "usb download mode" and I don't know how return to normal mode. I holding power button for a 30 sec and for a long time and it doesn't help.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:51 AM   #1212
hawhill
Wizard

It should leave USB download mode automatically - except for some faulty-hardware conditions. My suggestion would be again to disconnect/reconnect the battery. Then there's not much else you can do, I think. A serial console might give hints about the state, but is unlikely to provide means to fix this.
Old 06-07-2013, 03:37 AM   #1213
atleon
Enthusiast
atleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hi everyone. Although it can't be read in the title, could I use the methods exposed in this thread to unbrick a Kindle Paperwhite? In case it couldn't, do you know some method to do it?

Thanks in advance guys .
atleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:18 AM   #1214
hawhill
Wizard

Nope. Not until we find a way to put the device into USB downloader mode.
Old 06-07-2013, 05:32 AM   #1215
atleon
Enthusiast
atleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thanks for your responde Hawhill. Then there's no way to unbrick a Kindle Paperwhite so far, isn't it?
atleon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
debricking