Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-24-2011, 08:37 PM   #316
stehk
Enthusiast
stehk knows what is on the back of the AURYN.stehk knows what is on the back of the AURYN.stehk knows what is on the back of the AURYN.stehk knows what is on the back of the AURYN.stehk knows what is on the back of the AURYN.stehk knows what is on the back of the AURYN.stehk knows what is on the back of the AURYN.stehk knows what is on the back of the AURYN.stehk knows what is on the back of the AURYN.stehk knows what is on the back of the AURYN.stehk knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kindle 2
oops wrong thread

Last edited by stehk; 11-25-2011 at 12:07 PM.
stehk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 05:32 PM   #317
spiffae
spiffae began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
wrong thread!

Last edited by spiffae; 01-02-2012 at 05:53 PM.
spiffae is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2012, 06:03 PM   #318
BernardSamason
BernardSamason began at the beginning.

Device: K3w
first time installation of jailbreak

I have a Kindle 3 keyboard (without special offers.)
My firmware is 3.1, I have Duokan2012 installed.

I now, would like to install some hacks and/or mods.

My understanding is that, step 1 is to install jailbreak.

Which jailbreak package should I install, and where (URL),
can I obtain it?

Thank you

Last edited by BernardSamason; 01-26-2012 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Clarification
BernardSamason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:56 PM   #319
blackz0r
blackz0r began at the beginning.

Just to confirm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by yifanlu View Post
Changelog
0.4: No longer needs ENABLE_HACK_UPDATES file, uses bind mounting, thanks to NiLuJe.
This jailbreak no longer *needs* "ENABLE_HACK_UPDATES", but if I'd like to use it to disable official updates, is that still an option?
blackz0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:25 AM   #320
sophiemom
sophiemom can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.sophiemom can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.sophiemom can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.sophiemom can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.sophiemom can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.sophiemom can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.sophiemom can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.sophiemom can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.sophiemom can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.sophiemom can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.sophiemom can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kindle x4
Uninstall JB for which no uninstall.bin can be found?

Can someone please tell me how to uninstall:
update_jailbreak_0.10.N_k3g-3.2.1_install.bin?

My JB/SS attempts went fine but old screensavers are still there. I have posted details on other threads but realize this is an old topic for most.

I do not think I can start over or even give up altogether without the uninstall.bin and after searching an entire day, do not know where else to look. Thank you very much. (I used 7-zip to unpack. Could that be causing my problems?) Thanks again.
sophiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2012, 03:56 PM   #321
blackz0r

Wrong thread, dear. This one is for *a* jailbreak, but not the one you're using. Requesting help here is like requesting help for Microsoft Word in an iPhoto thread because they're both apps.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:58 PM   #322
blackz0r

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackz0r View Post
This jailbreak no longer *needs* "ENABLE_HACK_UPDATES", but if I'd like to use it to disable official updates, is that still an option?
Evidently, the answer to my question is "no", and dsmid's Updates Provider hack appears to be incompatible with yifanlu's current jailbreak. I could certainly go through and comment out various lines in various shell scripts, but is there a better, preferred method for disabling official updates at this time?

Tags
jailbreak kindle 3.1, yifanlu jailbreak