Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-27-2011, 09:03 AM   #46
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhari79 View Post
My apologies for the trouble.
no trouble at all: I am also in the UK, and very interested!

However, this time I am going to sit out and wait to see what the M90 is capable of doing straight out of the box before committing (a non negligible amount of) money. I have read on Mobile read that Onyx in the past have been less than quick with promised firmware updates, which is the point where I stand with my Pochetbook pro 903 - a good, solid and so far reliable machine, which is not yet capable, however, to do all the things I thought it would because of firmware limitations.

Indeed, from my perspective is some kind of "race" between the two devices - if the promised improvements are delivered and the SDK published by April, I might stick to pocketbook (I need another device for an other member of the family), though the fact that Dulin was so impressed may still sway me.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 01:08 PM   #47
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by karunaji View Post
These are EU rules and €399.00 appears to be the final price with VAT included. Normally the seller charges the VAT of a seller's country. However, if a seller exceeds the threshold of exports to the UK, then he is obliged to charge UK VAT rate instead (in this case the final price would be €3.35 higher).

if you try to add one to a cart it shows

Subtotal: €399.00
Total: €399.00
Tax Total: €63.71

so it looks like it is saying the 399 includes 63.71 in tax. is that correct?

I cant really comment on the pricing as I havent seen any yet and this purports to include 3g which which is optional. As far as I know they have not FCC'd one with 3g for the states. Seems like a nice price if it does have a sim card slot.

I believe its the 800 mHz processor but I have asked for clarification of the specs to be sure.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2011, 01:58 PM   #48
karunaji
Evangelist
karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi, Bookeen Opus
I believe that Pocketbook doesn't have Perl screen. We can compare M90 with Kindle DX which isn't sold in Europe and would cost about €350 when VAT and import tax are included. The price seems ok considering touch screen and other options.
karunaji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 02:49 PM   #49
rhari79
Addict
rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: .*
Quote:
I believe that Pocketbook doesn't have Perl screen. We can compare M90 with Kindle DX which isn't sold in Europe and would cost about €350 when VAT and import tax are included. The price seems ok considering touch screen and other options.
i would say, on paper, M90 has an edge over both of them as it has both: better screen and format support.
Now the race is M90's, to lose.

I sincerely hope the underdog wins this time and comfortably.
Its painful to see NI getting bombarded; one more losing candidate.
(oops..too much of sentiments..)
rhari79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 03:10 PM   #50
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-300. PRS-650, PRS-900, iPad2, Iconia A500, Irex Iliad (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
I cant really comment on the pricing as I havent seen any yet and this purports to include 3g which which is optional. As far as I know they have not FCC'd one with 3g for the states. Seems like a nice price if it does have a sim card slot.
When do you expect to have them in stock in your shop?

I am really itching to order it, but this shop is not selling the cover, and frankly that's a must for me. As I'm overseas, postage normally costs me an arm and a leg, so I try to economise
m-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2011, 03:13 PM   #51
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Actually, never mind that question, I just read this post in Onyx sub-forum:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetmolm View Post
For preorder only. But is says: "Preorders will be shipped on or before May 15."
Old 03-27-2011, 07:05 PM   #52
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
I believe it will be about the same time frame here.

im really itching to have them as well
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 01:25 AM   #53
m-reader
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
I believe it will be about the same time frame here.

im really itching to have them as well
I think I found my next reader too!
As soon as you open for pre-orders I'll be queueing up like it's iPhone 5
Old 03-28-2011, 03:26 AM   #54
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by paolamanzini View Post
However, this time I am going to sit out and wait to see what the M90 is capable of doing straight out of the box before committing (a non negligible amount of) money. I have read on Mobile read that Onyx in the past have been less than quick with promised firmware updates, which is the point where I stand with my Pochetbook pro 903 - a good, solid and so far reliable machine, which is not yet capable, however, to do all the things I thought it would because of firmware limitations.
I have a BeBook Neo, which is also sold as the Onyx Boox 60. I'd say personally that Onyx/BeBook have been pretty good with firmware updates; certainly a lot better than many other companies. A number of significant new features (eg TTS) have been added to the device via firmware updates since it was first released.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 04:14 AM   #55
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
I agree with Harry on the firmware.

On the Booxusers forum there is an explanation why the M90 has the "old" 532 MHz processor: the new 800 MHz processor does not support the touchscreen very well. That probably also explains why the new 61 series with the new processor does not come with a touchscreen (yet).
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 09:17 AM   #56
Onyx Europe
Distributor
Onyx Europe is on a distinguished road

Device: Onyx Boox M91S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetmolm View Post
I agree with Harry on the firmware.

On the Booxusers forum there is an explanation why the M90 has the "old" 532 MHz processor: the new 800 MHz processor does not support the touchscreen very well. That probably also explains why the new 61 series with the new processor does not come with a touchscreen (yet).
You are right. The M90 comes with the 532 Mhz processor and the A61S and M91S have the Marvell 800Mhz processor.
Onyx Europe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 09:55 AM   #57
karunaji
Evangelist
karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi, Bookeen Opus
So, there will also be a cheaper non-touchscreen model M91S?
karunaji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:03 AM   #58
Onyx Europe
Distributor
Onyx Europe is on a distinguished road

Device: Onyx Boox M91S
Quote:
So, there will also be a cheaper non-touchscreen model M91S?
Yes, the Onyx Boox M91S won't have a touchscreen and no WiFi.
Onyx Europe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:43 PM   #59
rhari79
Addict
rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: .*
Any chance the M90 will be available with Black bezel?
Like the kindle the color contrast can help the screen appear more clearer.
rhari79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:44 PM   #60
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Anyone know if BeBook are going to sell this new device?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
onyx boox, onyx boox m90