Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 06-09-2009, 05:30 PM   #31
pwarren
Connoisseur
pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Irex Iliad (Dead), EcoReader (Smashed screen), Kobo Touch
That is correct.

The /media/cf/Programs/fbreader-0.10.7/run.sh script should already have the variable exports in it.
pwarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 08:36 AM   #32
pwarren
Connoisseur
pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pwarren can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Allrighty, fixed some bugs again, added new features

udpate in post 1.
Advert
Old 06-10-2009, 10:31 AM   #33
dedo
Enthusiast
dedo doesn't litterdedo doesn't litter

Device: iRex DR800
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B. View Post
Excellent. I should hopefully have a chance put it into the iLiadOS and release a 2.13 release candidate soon.

Right now, the iLiadOS has a beta available. It's simply a gzipped ext2 image. You can mount it on any linux computer and add/remove the files you need.

What specifically did you need help doing?
Any chances that 2.13 will be delivered throughout iDS?
dedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 03:24 PM   #34
romanas
Enthusiast
romanas began at the beginning.

Device: Irex iLiad ebook edition, DR1000s
I tryed to install the latest update of this fbreader, but i see the same problem. It dont work. What should i do to make it work??? I have Iliad BE
romanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 06:54 PM   #35
pwarren
Connoisseur

edit:

fixed the problem. Was a recurrence of the libpng issue.

Last edited by pwarren; 06-10-2009 at 08:02 PM.
Advert
Old 06-12-2009, 08:13 AM   #36
bertold
Connoisseur
bertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it is

Device: iRex iLiad v2, Onyx Boox Note 3
pwarren, thank you for your help with FBReader. All is now working perfectly.
bertold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 08:24 AM   #37
pwarren
Connoisseur

No worries! Glad someone else has found my work useful

FBReader really does make the iliad a bunch more useful.

I'm working on making it independent of xepdmgr, and working out these busy LED problems. I've managed to get the on screen keyboard usable with it. Will keep plugging away in my spare time
Old 06-12-2009, 08:26 AM   #38
bertold
Connoisseur
bertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it is

Device: iRex iLiad v2, Onyx Boox Note 3
What I'd really like is the ability to change the font. Is that possible?
bertold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 08:55 AM   #39
pwarren
Connoisseur

yeah, that's certainly possible.

if you bring up the config options by pressing the gear like icon, and navigate to 'styles', there's an option for changing the 'Family', where you can set the font. The iliad comes with only a limited set of fonts. There are instructions here on how to add new truetype fonts to your iliad, which are selectable in FBReader.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:14 AM   #40
romanas
Enthusiast
romanas began at the beginning.

Device: Irex iLiad ebook edition, DR1000s
Thanks, it works now.
romanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 03:26 PM   #41
maxhyl
maxhyl began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad 2nd
Any chance to open the files from the contentLister instead of from the fbreader?
Try your fbreader-usr-1.tar.gz :

unpack this attachment into /

/usr/bin/fbreader.sh to run. Works with contentLister (or newLister).
(from #7 above)

nothing happen.

Can we have a integerated installer?
maxhyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 04:09 PM   #42
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwarren View Post
I'm working on some improvements.

- FBReader doesn't do fullscreen properly, goes into, but not out of Full Screen. Fixed this.
- A lot of missing keybindings
- the busy LED goes nuts sometimes
1. That's interesting. How did you fix the out-of-fullscreen problem? I had this problem, so I set FBReader to fullscreen as default. After all, I found that I don't need windowed-FBreader in iLiad.

2. All keybindings are configurable by editing keymap.xml. In fact, users can do many things by manually editing the xml files in /usr/share/FBReader/default. For example, toolbar list is configurable, and users can assign respective toolbar for window and fullscreen mode.

3. I have no LED problems with my patch, so I guess it's all solved. What's your situation? BTW, in the section for FBReader in /mnt/settings/registry/registry.xml, there should be a line
Code:
<xResourceName>sh</xResourceName>
The value should be "sh" so that FBReader can tell iLiad how to control LED and receive/respond button actions.

Last edited by ericshliao; 06-12-2009 at 05:40 PM.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:48 PM   #43
pwarren
Connoisseur

The fullscreen problem was solved by istudy in this post: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39802, it amounts to simplifying the logic, and adding a flag, as opposed to relying on the GDK api for determining if you're in a fullscreen state.

I managed to figure the button configuration out eventually, and now I have mostly the same mappings as Adam B's 8.14 release.

The busy LED keeps flashing after going into fullscreen mode, and after coming out. as well as when you press a button that has no defined action in the current view, like pressing the TOC button in a txt file with no table of contents. It stops if you page up or down, so I'm not too worried about it.

Currently I'm having fun trying to work out how to port the refresh mechanism, it sort of works, but that might have to go on hold, as my wife has just gone in to labour!
Old 06-13-2009, 01:06 AM   #44
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
As to the missing button-binding that you mentioned, the TOC button, NOTES, NEWS, BOOKS, DOCUMENTS are all reserved by contentlister, and it won't pass these key-event to FBReader (or other applications).

Based on my limited understanding, when you push one of these 5 keys, contentlister will do some action (flash the LED, quit the foreground app if it knows how to, and return to contentlister), but contentlister won't pass the event to FBReader (so FBReader won't know anything about these key-events). And contentlister does not know when to stop flashing the LED until you turn to next page. So, this problem has to be dealt in contentlister, not at FBReader source code.

I am still studying the refresh mechanism. That's quite tough for me. Take ipdf for example, it use a thread to write data directly to framebuffer, but I don't know the structure of data to be written to FB. I am quite interested in the detail if you figure it out.

Last edited by ericshliao; 06-13-2009 at 05:07 AM.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 06:02 PM   #45
X. Trapnel
Enthusiast
X. Trapnel began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad (broken screen! cry), x61t tablet
I'm getting a CF card soon - in the meantime, there's no way for me to install this to /media/card instead, correct?

Thanks for putting this together!!
X. Trapnel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fbreader, iliad, installer