Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 01-06-2009, 01:48 PM   #1
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Cybook support in calibre

Hi all,

calibre recently got a new cybook driver (thanks to John Schember) that has been tested on linux. The windows version needs testing. So if you would like to use calibre with your cybook, please test.

Just download and install calibre. Start it up and plug in your cybook. Hopefully calibre will detect it and give you a list of books on the cybook.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 02:28 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
not working for me. i tried first launching calibre, then plug in cybook, and also launch calibre with cybook already plugged in. calibre doesn't see it. i'm using 0.4.126 ; i think this is the latest one.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2009, 03:03 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm guessing you're on windows?
Old 01-06-2009, 03:10 PM   #4
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
Installed Calibre (I'm using XP) but the Cybook isn't recognised.
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:12 PM   #5
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

yes, isn't that the version you wanted to test ? (XP Pro SP2)
Advert
Old 01-06-2009, 03:15 PM   #6
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
If someone will send me a CyBook I will test it with a Mac.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:20 PM   #7
DDHarriman
Guru
DDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura about

Device: Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS 505, Kindle DXG and Samsung Galaxy Note
Hi kovidgoyal

Windows Xp pro SP2, Calibre 0.4.126, no recognition.
DDHarriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:22 PM   #8
zelda_pinwheel

i guess i'm not the only one. good, so i know it's not me being stupid.
Old 01-06-2009, 03:22 PM   #9
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
LOL!!!
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:27 PM   #10
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
Yes, because we all know that crowd mentality is infallible.

Didn't your mom always tell you "I don't care what every one else is doing."

BOb

BTW: Yes, you're probably right in this case though.
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:29 PM   #11
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Yes, because we all know that crowd mentality is infallible.

Didn't your mom always tell you "I don't care what every one else is doing."

BOb

BTW: Yes, you're probably right in this case though.
thanks for the support.

("no, no, it's not you ! everybody else is stupid too !!" )
Old 01-06-2009, 03:32 PM   #12
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

OK I've notified John (the developer of the driver), hopefully he'll chime in with what to do next
Old 01-06-2009, 04:14 PM   #13
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Nothing happens on Mac OS X 10.5.6 with Calibre 0.4.126 and a Cybook with 1.2 build 796 firmware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Hi all,

calibre recently got a new cybook driver (thanks to John Schember) that has been tested on linux. The windows version needs testing. So if you would like to use calibre with your cybook, please test.

Just download and install calibre. Start it up and plug in your cybook. Hopefully calibre will detect it and give you a list of books on the cybook.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 04:18 PM   #14
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

The OSX support hasn't been added as yet.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:28 PM   #15
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Can somebody with windows and OS X run the following code in a terminal, with the cyboook connected and without the cybook connected:

Code:
calibre-debug -c "from calibre.devices.scanner import DeviceScanner; s = DeviceScanner(); s.scan(); print repr(s.devices)"