Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 04-03-2008, 09:01 PM   #31
pmwt
Enthusiast
pmwt began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo HD
In the Lookup Mode, once I'm finished with the dictionary, I would bring up the contextual menu with the middle button in the pad and use the "Back" menu item (this is the default selected item). That will bring me back to the page in the ebook where I started the lookup.

I have yet to use any of the buttons on the side when reading. I did not know I can actually use them when reading.
pmwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 06:10 AM   #32
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmwt View Post
In the Lookup Mode, once I'm finished with the dictionary, I would bring up the contextual menu with the middle button in the pad and use the "Back" menu item (this is the default selected item). That will bring me back to the page in the ebook where I started the lookup.

I have yet to use any of the buttons on the side when reading. I did not know I can actually use them when reading.
This only works if there is only one alternative word. I you get the menu were you choose between different alternatives then you have to use the back button on the side to get back to the book which is very annoying.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2008, 06:41 AM   #33
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I find the buttons easier to use, because they can be used purely by touch - no need to read menus.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 07:44 AM   #34
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I find the buttons easier to use, because they can be used purely by touch - no need to read menus.
I have to move my left hand and find the buttons every time I have to do that. Very irritating. As irritating as having move your hand to use a mouse in a program.
Old 04-04-2008, 03:31 PM   #35
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Spoken like a true command-line enthusiast .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-06-2008, 02:19 PM   #36
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Spoken like a true command-line enthusiast .
Real programmers do:

Copy con > program.com
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 03:34 PM   #37
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ortep View Post
Real programmers do:

Copy con > program.com
No, they do not use DOS You do "cat > program.c".
Old 04-09-2008, 09:21 PM   #38
nikolaywld
nikolaywld began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle New Oasis
How to obtain this version?
nikolaywld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 05:04 PM   #39
maurits
maurits began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook
I have a cybook from end of january 2008 which has the 538 boo but I also experienced the problems with the dictionary. It wouldn't look up the word and was hanging with sometimes even the reset button not working. After connecting with my laptop again it rebooted and worked fine.

Maurits
maurits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 03:41 PM   #40
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by maurits View Post
I have a cybook from end of january 2008 which has the 538 boo but I also experienced the problems with the dictionary. It wouldn't look up the word and was hanging with sometimes even the reset button not working. After connecting with my laptop again it rebooted and worked fine.
I got the hang on lookup yesterday for the first time (though in my case, the reset button worked).
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 11:12 AM   #41
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwaldron View Post
I got the hang on lookup yesterday for the first time (though in my case, the reset button worked).
Criminy! I know I oughtn't whine but c'mon Bookeen! Please let us have an update!

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 01:39 PM   #42
Snafu
Snafu began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen 3
So i just looked on their blog and downloaded the new firmware from the support site
http://www.bookeen.com/support

http://bookeen.blogspot.com/
Snafu is offline   Reply With Quote